New building in Derby

TomBustler1884

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that the people who can afford to rent such places are going to be the people who want to live that close to the city centre, or that close to the people who live in the Exeter House flats!

The old car showroom / Housing Options Centre (worked there in 2005/2006) is a dead space though, so at least someone has plans for it.

There used to be a cob shop there too, it only had one sink for both food prep and toilet use!

On the subject of cob shops, whatever happened to Fannies? It was called something far less charming the last time I went that way.

18 hours ago, Coconut said:

I'm not sure that the people who can afford to rent such places are going to be the people who want to live that close to the city centre, or that close to the people who live in the Exeter House flats!

The old car showroom / Housing Options Centre (worked there in 2005/2006) is a dead space though, so at least someone has plans for it.

There used to be a cob shop there too, it only had one sink for both food prep and toilet use!

On the subject of cob shops, whatever happened to Fannies? It was called something far less charming the last time I went that way.

Thought the same thing whilst sat in the Jensen Button traffic on St Alkman's way the other day.  It was guaranteed to make me and me mates snigger every Saturday morning, as we went past on the way to The Race Course to play.  The humour of 12 year olds eh...

11 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Ah Fannies - I remember the staff. A man and a woman and a more elderly lady

Never knew their real names - they were just Mr Fannie, Mrs Fannie and Granny Fannie to us!

Never heard of it. I'll get straight onto google. Search: Granny Fannie

Archived