Home Ticket Pricing Structure

Question - Does having a home season ticket give you home membership?

On the Wearederby website, I can now add the Grimsby game to my basket but I still cannot access the league games. Still simply says Log In even after logging in but I'm not being classed as a home member?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Daveo - Disagree.

We are close to becoming one of the most expensive clubs in the Championship to watch. Aston Villa at a minimum of £36 + £1 booking fee is not right. I cannot get into the game to see how much other seats in the ground are as the club saying 'From' suggests this is the cheapest on offer.

We're also one of the top clubs in the league which is why it costs more. Ticket prices will be even more expensive if we go up to the Prem, that's football now. 

Mel Morris is choosing to invest his own money into the club. Great. However if his personal wealth is now leading to an increase in costs for fans, its wrong, simply wrong.

Ask Man City fans how they feel, see if they are paying more for tickets now than they were in the Championship. Extreme maybe, but this is football, the better you are the more you pay, sad but true. Wealthy owners are not here to throw away their personal fortune on football fans. They are here to make money, every single one.

Should we go back to the days of Clough, settle for mid table football with Tyson and Sammon up front to keep it cheap for families?

Derby v Brighton or a day to Alton Towers minus food and drinks, 2 adults, 3 kids, £96 v £219. 

Entertainment costs money. A lot. But it is a luxury that when you have families you have to pick and choose what you can afford. No different to anything in life. I would like a bigger house, expensive car, holidays 3 times a year and go out drinking everynight. 

I genuinely feel sorry for fans that can't afford to go, I haven't been able to afford to go myself for years regular, been on both sides. 

When was the last time we had a ticket increase like this?

1 minute ago, David said:

We're also one of the top clubs in the league which is why it costs more. Ticket prices will be even more expensive if we go up to the Prem, that's football now. 

Ask Man City fans how they feel, see if they are paying more for tickets now than they were in the Championship. Extreme maybe, but this is football, the better you are the more you pay, sad but true. Wealthy owners are not here to throw away their personal fortune on football fans. They are here to make money, every single one.

Should we go back to the days of Clough, settle for mid table football with Tyson and Sammon up front to keep it cheap for families?

I genuinely feel sorry for fans that can't afford to go, I haven't been able to afford to go myself for years regular, been on both sides. 

When was the last time we had a ticket increase like this?

I remember first game against Portsmouth in Prem season. £42 on the day I got quoted

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I remember first game against Portsmouth in Prem season. £42 on the day I got quoted

There you go. 

Sucks, really does but this is the cost of the Premier League.

Had the quality of the squad not changed, the ambitions, the aims and we saw this ticket increase I would be asking questions. £25m last summer is a lot. That has to be recouped from somewhere, even if it's peanuts from fans pockets. It all helps with FFP and the goal of reaching the Premier League.

Football shouldn't be like this, £20 should be plenty but in the world where Tevez can ask West Ham for £1m per month and we want to compete with these teams it's where this sport is. 

This thread pretty much sums it up

Ulloa, Kodija, yes please, bring them in, £4m, £6m......whaaaaat, £3 more a ticket? no chance!

We're wanting to eat Rump Steak at McDonalds cheeseburger prices. Just doesn't work sadly.

Write to the Derby squad and ask them to take a pay cut, petition the FA to put a cap on transfer fees as this is the only way ticket prices won't rise. It's a knock on effect from greedy players and greedy agents. Stopped being a working mans game years ago.

You make some good points Daveo, but Duracell wins it for me. This increase just annoys fans and prevents others from been able to go. And for what? If it was a few years back and the extra 2 million might have bought us the star player we needed, you could sort of understand it. When we've just spent/wasted loads of money of averageness, the negative side just seem to outweigh any possible positives.

Inflation is zero, the economy looks in trouble again and football has never had so much money. Why do prices go up now? August is usually a skint time too with family holidays.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You make some good points Daveo, but Duracell wins it for me. This increase just annoys fans and prevents others from been able to go. And for what? If it was a few years back and the extra 2 million might have bought us the star player we needed, you could sort of understand it. When we've just spent/wasted loads of money of averageness, the negative side just seem to outweigh any possible positives.

Inflation is zero, the economy looks in trouble again and football has never had so much money. Why do prices go up now? August is usually a skint time too with family holidays.

The holidays that come at a premium as holiday companies fleece families by hiking up the prices whilst the kids are off, knowing you can no longer take them away during term time or you're a bad parent and get fined.

We have spent a lot of money, I'm not ready to say wasted as the likes of Johnson, Butterfield and Weimann are very good players that haven't arrived and shown it straight away.

It's that kind of money that has to come from somewhere, be it a big red Just Eat logo on a shirt or £3 ticket increase. Which again, when was the last ticket increase we have seen at the ground? We have seen season after season price freezes recently, at some point it was always going to go up, even with a local businessman and a fan of the club.

Don't forget 20% of all this goes to our lovely Government who are roughing it up with just the 2 houses and multiple kitchens but that's for another thread.

48 minutes ago, David said:

No, it's the difference than the days of Sammon, Dickov, Croft, Tyson and Doyle.

Weimann is a very good player so kinda ruined this first part of your post as well.

We don't have peanut plants at Moor Farm, we need to bring in peanuts from somewhere. 

Family of 5, £3 extra each. £15, over 14 days is just over a pound a day. Yes this may tip some families budgets over the edge that were borderline being able to afford to go already, it's a shame and I don't mean to sound harsh but that's life. How many have mobile phone contracts, TV packages, smoke, go on holiday and sucked up all the prices increases over the years? 

When was the last time we had a ticket rise like this and are we seeing a better standard of football since the last increase?

Football is entertainment, it's not a must buy for families to survive, same as the cinema, bowling, go karting, anything that can be classed as entertainment. 

My argument isn't just about the recent price increase but the price of tickets in general. The cost of going to a match is still disproportionate. You can argue about ticket prices being a necessity for buying players, but why are we one of the only nations with this attitude? Why can I buy a Bundesliga matchday ticket for half the price of a second tier English matchday ticket? Do Bundesliga clubs not care about signing good players too?

I don't buy the argument that if you're against ticket raises you're against your club investing in better players. Of course the money needs to come from somewhere but match day ticket revenues are a smaller slice of the cake than ever before and it makes even less sense hiking ticket prices in the Premier League with the new TV deal. 

Football is different to karting or bowling. It's a national sport. It's part of our cultural heritage. The rest of Europe mocks our "everything has its price" attitude to something that should matter to us. It's horribly cynical world to live in and it doesn't have to be like that.

To me, football will always mean more than a supply and demand graph. It's a shame you see it that way.

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

My argument isn't just about the recent price increase but the price of tickets in general. The cost of going to a match is still disproportionate. You can argue about ticket prices being a necessity for buying players, but why are we one of the only nations with this attitude? Why can I buy a Bundesliga matchday ticket for half the price of a second tier English matchday ticket? Do Bundesliga clubs not care about signing good players too?

I don't buy the argument that if you're against ticket raises you're against your club investing in better players. Of course the money needs to come from somewhere but match day ticket revenues are a smaller slice of the cake than ever before and it makes even less sense hiking ticket prices in the Premier League with the new TV deal. 

Football is different to karting or bowling. It's a national sport. It's part of our cultural heritage. The rest of Europe mocks our "everything has its price" attitude to something that should matter to us. It's horribly cynical world to live in and it doesn't have to be like that.

To me, football will always mean more than a supply and demand graph. It's a shame you see it that way.

Like you say your issue is with English football in general which I agree with but as it stands we have to stay with these clubs to compete until the FL step in.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

If the Premier League can cap away ticket prices... how is it cheaper to go sit in the away end watching Man City play Man Utd than it is to watch Brighton play Derby?

Bigger grounds, more fans, more sponsorship money and ahead of the competition already.

Clubs like Derby and Brighton are playing a pointless game of catch up. Yes there is a huge war chest on offer when you go up but the gap is getting bigger each season. Longer we stay down the harder it will get.

I keep asking but when did we last see a ticket price increase? It's not like the membership system which is an absolute joke. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Bigger grounds, more fans, more sponsorship money and ahead of the competition already.

Clubs like Derby and Brighton are playing a pointless game of catch up. Yes there is a huge war chest on offer when you go up but the gap is getting bigger each season. Longer we stay down the harder it will get.

I keep asking but when did we last see a ticket price increase? It's not like the membership system which is an absolute joke. 

But if you make it more expensive to go watch your local team, how are you ever going to attract the next generation of fans, when they could hop on a train, go glory hunting and it still cost less than a day at their local league team?

59 minutes ago, David said:

This thread pretty much sums it up

Ulloa, Kodija, yes please, bring them in, £4m, £6m......whaaaaat, £3 more a ticket? no chance!

We're wanting to eat Rump Steak at McDonalds cheeseburger prices. Just doesn't work sadly.

Write to the Derby squad and ask them to take a pay cut, petition the FA to put a cap on transfer fees as this is the only way ticket prices won't rise. It's a knock on effect from greedy players and greedy agents. Stopped being a working mans game years ago.

I don't want those players, I don't want us to throw money down the drain and I don't want price increases.

Hope that makes it easier for you.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't want those players, I don't want us to throw money down the drain and I don't want price increases.

Hope that makes it easier for you.

I expect to see ticket prices drop now for the next game. You can explain to B4 the lack of signings tho!

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Hmm, If the prices had not gone up this year, I doubt this thread would even exist.

This debate comes up a lot in the Football Talk section, and whenever we get charged a lot for away days. Definitely not the first time I've discussed this on this forum.

1 hour ago, David said:

As you keep asking!?! Last season. Big increase in our season ticket price. 

Archived