Idiakez coming back??

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Derby or Wolverhampton? See you at Derby Inigo.

Coach or Assistant Manager though, is supposedly the choice. I'd like to think he'd still choose Derby but more difficult than just a club choice.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Rampage said:

From U16 Coach to Assistant Manager is a big jump, so is Coach unless at U18 level on good money.

Think here is a safer option for him. We have a full contingent of coaches at every level, so he'd come in without tons of responsibility but still be learning at a much higher level.

11 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Think here is a safer option for him. We have a full contingent of coaches at every level, so he'd come in without tons of responsibility but still be learning at a much higher level.

This, and he's worked with Pearson before.

Would be more risky at Wolves as an assistant - especially as it isn't certain who the manager is going to be! Should the Chinese seal the deal, it would be new owners, new manager. Lots and lots of pressure.

1 minute ago, Joel Stanley said:

Oh... and Darren Wassall:ph34r:

Not really "and Wassall", seeing as he's above Short who is in turn above Delap. 

Also, jury's out on Delap. Form of U21s took a dive when he took over from DW.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not really "and Wassall", seeing as he's above Short who is in turn above Delap. 

Also, jury's out on Delap. Form of U21s took a dive when he took over from DW.

I mentioned those based on their professional playing experience, all played regularly in the premier league with the exception of Zuberbuhler who has over 50 switzerland caps. To have professionals who have done a lot does mean a lot, players more likely to show respect towards these guys.

Given that sometimes, this doesn't always make them good coaches but they can all speak from experience at least.

I met him outside the ground before the play-off first leg. It was about 2 minutes before kick-off and he was in a suit with his family. The fact he was arriving so close to the game suggested to me that he still has a fondness for a club and wasn't simply turning up because he was offered to be a hospitality kind of guest. He'd have been there a couple hours before otherwise.

"Derby County CEO Sam Rush has contacted Leicester over Inigo Idiakez becoming assistant manager, according to Rams boss Nigel Pearson..........Pearson's backroom team at Derby currently consists of assistant manager Chris Powell, Kevin Phillips and goalkeeping coach Pascal Zuberbuhler."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/10422035/derby-county-contact-leicester-coach-inigo-idiakez-over-assistant-manager-role?

I'm assuming Sky mean Idiakez is coming as coach not assistant manager as they're reporting, slight mistake by them.

MM might have got rid of Clement quickly, but to oust Powell after a single day is hard going....

14 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'm assuming Sky mean Idiakez is coming as coach not assistant manager as they're reporting, slight mistake by them.

MM might have got rid of Clement quickly, but to oust Powell after a single day is hard going....

Owen Bradley tweeted that Idiakez would be first team coach, Powell as assistant manager.

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

And not a single Wassall in sight. Happy days. 

Yeah that Wassall is crap, we'd never have the likes of Hendrick, Hughes, Hanson, Rawson etc if we had the likes of Wassall coaching them. He couldn't coach a twig let alone actual players...

Alleged quote by Pearson - “We want the best people available to be the team behind the team. There’s a way to go yet.”

I wonder what other changes are potentially in the offing?

How many worked with the first team at Leicester when Pearson was there?

Archived