Vitoria Setubal v Derby County

Day

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Once again Guy caught my eye, he is real prospect. Every time I watch u-21 game, it's a same. What says those who follow them more closely?

Reckon that I'm even less in the know about our u21s @Dimmu but I do agree that the players who caught my eye were callum guy and kyron stabana. 

Tremendous shot by guy and he seems adept at hanging back and finding a bit of space when we attacked. Reminded me a bit of Bruce rioch :thumbsup:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at work so unable to watch.  Can anyone lay the the team out please so I can see who played where.  Also was there a holding/attacking mid within the 3-5-2. Be interesting to see if we keep on this formation for the senior games.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Reckon that I'm even less in the know about our u21s @Dimmu but I do agree that the players who caught my eye were callum guy and kyron stabana. 

Tremendous shot by guy and he seems adept at hanging back and finding a bit of space when we attacked. Reminded me a bit of Bruce rioch :thumbsup:

To answer Dimmu's Q: If you remove what I call the top tier guys, Elsnik, Zanzala, Rawson and Lowe (who are all involved with the first team today, I believe) then Guy and Stabana are generally regarded as the best prospects remaining. To be honest, I include Guy in that top tier group but he's suffering from our first team's central midfield depth, which is a shame. 

I was a little surprised at Santos being given a new deal, myself, but I just watch the U21s - I'm no scout - so clearly somethings been seen in him by experts.

I fear Bennett is ever sliding down the pecking order. He needs to have a huge leap forward this year or he'll be gone soon.

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

To answer Dimmu's Q: If you remove what I call the top tier guys, Elsnik, Zanzala, Rawson and Lowe (who are all involved with the first team today, I believe) then Guy and Stabana are generally regarded as the best prospects remaining. To be honest, I include Guy in that top tier group but he's suffering from our first team's central midfield depth, which is a shame. 

I was a little surprised at Santos being given a new deal, myself, but I just watch the U21s - I'm no scout - so clearly somethings been seen in him by experts.

I fear Bennett is ever sliding down the pecking order. He needs to have a huge leap forward this year or he'll be gone soon.

I totally agree, SaintRam

Archived