Vitoria Setubal v Derby County

Day

Friday July 15th - 8.30pm

Just over 2 weeks till our first Pre Season game, may as well get a match thread going and try to drum up some excitement for new season.

Not really a game that will give us any indication as to what Pearson is thinking apart from maybe formations. 

Wouldnt expect Keogh, Christie, Hendrick or Baird to be involved at all. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect Lowe to be involved, he's been tweeting about his fitness.

Not sure on the state of Forsyth or Thorne.

Seems likely Albentosa will be gone before then but not a certainty. 

Everyone else bar the 4 mentioned above should be around.

Just now, muzzamurray said:

hope baird will have been sold by then... just me though

we having the match day forum brought back david??

Matchday Talk is no more, only created duplicate threads all over. All matches will be in this board now. 

Just now, Casio said:

Just gone to have a quick glance at their results last season. In their last 10 games of the season, they lost 8 and drew 2, so I would say a good team to test some things out for Nige.

Every pre-season game this early is all fitness and experimentation really, wouldn't matter if we were playing Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

5-0 with Anichebe up front? Is that possible?

He'd get injured and go off within the first 5 minutes with the score at 0-0

replaced by Berbatov

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He'd get injured and go off within the first 5 minutes with the score at 0-0

replaced by Berbatov

Obviously! 

Saw Berbatov on that Soccer Aid match. 

I see he's discovered Just For Men

They finished 15th in the Primeira Liga last season, 2 places and 1 point above the relegation zone. I'm not entirely sure what the strength of the average Portuguese side is like (minus Porto, Benfica, Sporting and perhaps Braga), but 4th place finished closer to the relegation zone than it did the champions. I'd be disappointed if we lost this one despite not actually knowing very much at all about Vitoria.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They finished 15th in the Primeira Liga last season, 2 places and 1 point above the relegation zone. I'm not entirely sure what the strength of the average Portuguese side is like (minus Porto, Benfica, Sporting and perhaps Braga), but 4th place finished closer to the relegation zone than it did the champions. I'd be disappointed if we lost this one despite not actually knowing very much at all about Vitoria.

Better or worse than Grimsby? 

19 hours ago, David said:

Matchday Talk is no more, only created duplicate threads all over. All matches will be in this board now. 

I reckon that's the right call. As you say, instead of going into the match thread there'd be half a dozen others on here discussing formations and team selection. Probably need to be pinned in the runup to the match. And should they then somehow be archived after for easy reference, or is that too complicated?

Some sort of standard title format will probably help identify them, or the mods adding an icon for easy identification.

Good work, David!

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I reckon that's the right call. As you say, instead of going into the match thread there'd be half a dozen others on here discussing formations and team selection. Probably need to be pinned in the runup to the match. And should they then somehow be archived after for easy reference, or is that too complicated?

Some sort of standard title format will probably help identify them, or the mods adding an icon for easy identification.

Good work, David!

Archiving them into it's own sub board after is definitely an option

On 7/1/2016 at 10:57, Kernow said:

We are playing Benfica the following day, so it won't be our strongest team.  

Archived