Euro 2016 Matchday 1 : v Russia

davenportram

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played well just didn't see it out. 

A draw with Wales isn't all that bad, would mean beating Slovakia would put them through, which is all that matters, negotiating the groups can be tricky, the media like to big us up and call the group "easy" but there's no easy games at international tournaments, even sides like Albania can be plucky and nick a draw. 

I can say after this performance the following :ahem

Roy Hodgson - Should have been sacked years ago.

England fans - Should be deprived of their passports,cash cards taken away and taken to a desolate place and left to rot.

ITV - should never,ever,be allowed to present football or any other sport ever again.

Amen.

1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

You could have said.We can't be expected to read your thoughts,after all we are only half-fans.

Half wits.

:p

10 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I can say after this performance the following :ahem

Roy Hodgson - Should have been sacked years ago.

England fans - Should be deprived of their passports,cash cards taken away and taken to a desolate place and left to rot.

ITV - should never,ever,be allowed to present football or any other sport ever again.

Amen.

All England fans? What an absolutely idiotic comment.

Thought Rooney was quality in centre mid today. Sterling was very wasteful but we can't really replace him with anyone else who has raw pace like he does . For this reason I would have taken Townsend as well. Hope we dont go back to the diamond. 4-3-3 works well for this team.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

I meant having a full back trying to challenge a giant for a header. Also Wolves away.

This. Rose must be the shortest player on the pitch, why leave him and Alli on the centre-back, both got flattened whilst Chris "shirt grab" Smalling just stood by looking bemused.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Thought Rooney was quality in centre mid today. Sterling was very wasteful but we can't really replace him with anyone else who has raw pace like he does . For this reason I would have taken Townsend as well. Hope we dont go back to the diamond. 4-3-3 works well for this team.

I'd rather Vardy started out wide to be honest, he'd do a much better job than Sterling. Sterling offers nothing but pace, he's crap.

6 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I'd rather Vardy started out wide to be honest, he'd do a much better job than Sterling. Sterling offers nothing but pace, he's crap.

Dont want Vardy out wide to be honest. Seems like a real waste of his energy making him track back. Our centre midfield is far too bloated and we took too many strikers for me. I still believe we should have taken Townsend instead of Rashford as it is obvious Rashford is not going to play. Barkley can also play in Sterling's position, although he doesnt have the raw pace there like Sterling so the midfield will get a bit crowded with barkley always wanting to come inside whereas Sterling can go on the outside too. Decisions , decisions. Who'd be a football manager?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think there are some thugs over there, but it's only a tiny percentage, as always.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Those responsible be them French, English or Russian whatever should be banned from traveling out of their respective countries and dealt with like the dogs they are!

Facial recognition should identify them pretty easily and they should be dealt with using the very maximum punishment, they are destroying what should be a celebration of our beautiful game. 

SCUM!!

My kids were watching that match with me from the comfort of our living room (thank Christ). 

Having to explain to my 9 year old daughter when she asks "why are those men were attacking each other" at a football match disgusts me. 

She now associates every football match with that and doesn't want her Daddy to go anymore. 

This has really got my goat I am truly ashamed of so called fellow football supporters. 

Archived