Euro 2016 Matchday 1 : v Russia

davenportram

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were positives for sure.

Dier was really good in midfield and should have won us the game with a brilliant free-kick. Rooney and Alli worked well together, Lallana had a positive influence out wide. I thought the full-backs, particularly Walker, were excellent.

However, Kane struggled, the centre-backs looked horribly shaky - e.g. what was Smalling doing for the goal? And Sterling was awful, no idea how he got in the side (or even the squad over Townsend) when he's been dogshite all season.

Yes we've played well, yes we've created some chances, yes there were positives from the game.

Russia were proper dogshit. If they don't finish bottom I'll be amazed. We couldn't get over the line. Never capitalised on all that play in and around their box and panic stations at the end for the softest goal you'll see in the whole tournament.

That was, all this considered, *****. Not down to Roy, down to the players. Bottle went when it mattered.

England played well no idea why we couldn't get a goal but can't complain about the performance overall. Russia had a few decent moments and one came off for them with a solid header. I think it's just classic England squad thinking we've won the game before the final whistle and we gave away a few too many sloppy passes and marking towards the end giving Russia the chance that they took.

Plus I agree with anyone saying Tyldesley was annoying, overreacts to everything, justify obvious diving as long as it’s us and can't be bothered to mention the opponents unless he really has to.

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

How dare you compare that load of manure to our Rams,shame on you.

I meant having a full back trying to challenge a giant for a header. Also Wolves away.

12 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

The most important thing tonight was...

Oh my god where has Joe harts hair gone? Is that wash and go that Joe advertises? :ph34r:

The really annoying thing about hair loss.. my grandad has a full head of nice thick hair at 80... my uncle was bald at 19... the stranger thing... my grandad has never used shampoo... not saying that's a cause for baldness but I've met a few older blokes who've never used shampoo that still have nice thick hair at 60+. ...

Archived