1884 Group 16-17

TomBustler1884

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Depends, would anybody come to this one??

Happy to set something up preseason so people can catch up, have a bit of a laugh and talk about this season, new chant ideas, few beers, etc.

But need Rams fans there!

Last time was embarrassing. I'm actually astounded you can still be arsed with all this. Good on you. If only others shared your persistence. 

8 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Depends, would anybody come to this one??

Happy to set something up preseason so people can catch up, have a bit of a laugh and talk about this season, new chant ideas, few beers, etc.

But need Rams fans there!

It's maybe worth thinking about following an upcoming music band or an upcoming comedian from Derby, especially if they support Derby County and try to promote each other, help one another etc or follow one of the many cover bands (eg Oasis, Stone Roses etc) when they are playing Derby.

A lot of bands play in The Flowerpot, then you instantly have a crowd, put your The 1884 Group posters up in the pub and your regular members can get chatting in the pub and will find new recruits and even spreading some flyers about the pub looking for song suggestions might be an idea etc. A crowd of lads and lasses enjoying themselves with someone starting a chant off after seeing a band/comedian etc might just be enough to get things going. But the more the merrier helps.

Sometimes the crowd is already there, it's like taking a party to a party etc.

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

Last time was embarrassing. I'm actually astounded you can still be arsed with all this. Good on you. If only others shared your persistence. 

Ha! Don't think the videos helped, the venue, or the form of the team/managerial situation at the time.

Willing to give it a few more go's but try it in a better derby location and put it closer to matches.

We'll see, not ready to give it up yet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29 June 2016 at 19:07, Inverurie Ram said:

Am I best buying a ticket in the South Stand if I bring the Aberdeenshire Rams flag down for the Aston Villa game on Sat 20th Aug?

11qhe7s.jpg

Buying a ticket for Aston Villa at Home tomorrow, and my previous post was liked but not really answered.

I was going to buy a ticket in the South Stand Upper Tier H Block, I like to be higher up, nearer to God and all that!

Will I get my flag hung up OK in there?.....or am I better off in the Gordon Guthrie Upper Tiers E or A?

(H for Hector, E for Eranio, A for Asanovic)

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Buying a ticket for Aston Villa at Home tomorrow, and my previous post was liked but not really answered.

I was going to buy a ticket in the South Stand Upper Tier H Block, I like to be higher up, nearer to God and all that!

Will I get my flag hung up OK in there?.....or am I better off in the Gordon Guthrie Upper Tiers E or A?

I think people can usually get their flags put up. You quite often get a lot put up at the back of the gg lower, then collected after the match, so you could do that

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Personally if you want it to be seen I think you'd be better off in the west stand or one of the corners as they only really hang them near the back in the south stand . 

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Personally if you want it to be seen I think you'd be better off in the west stand or one of the corners as they only really hang them near the back in the south stand . 

What about the SW corner upper and hang it over the wall side on facing the SS? Should be plenty of room but don't know how you'd attach it.

19 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

There's usually space in SW Corner (Gordon Guthrie) - if you do end up there, give us a wave. That's my territory :)

18 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

What about the SW corner upper and hang it over the wall side on facing the SS? Should be plenty of room but don't know how you'd attach it.

That's were I'm going, and I'm going to take my fishing rod, so I can reel it back in at the end of the game!

Up The Rams

"sing when I'm fishing, I only sing when I'm fishing".......

7 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

There's usually space in SW Corner (Gordon Guthrie) - if you do end up there, give us a wave. That's my territory :)

Leave me some space Animal, I'll be the one in the astronaut suit, giving you a big wave and a slow moon walk wiggle!

"On a mission for mankind.....whilst fishing and doing a slow moon walk wiggle"......you read it here, first!

SIT DOWN THE LOT OF YA!

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Leave me some space Animal, I'll be the one in the astronaut suit, giving you a big wave and a slow moon walk wiggle!

"On a mission for mankind.....whilst fishing and doing a slow moon walk wiggle"......you read it here, first!

SIT DOWN THE LOT OF YA!

Don't worry, we don't stand :(

If the Aberdeenshire Rams flag goes up, can someone take a picture and post it in the Derby County Flags thread, coz I don't have one of these fancy cameras or phone things with a fancy camera on it, I still carry a couple of cans around on a very large string, might cob one can in the Villa corner to see if I can talk to Jimmy Rimmer!

Archived