Man Skills

jono

I have always been an egalitarian but I still believe a man should have certain skills that form part of the definition of being a man .. If a woman has them too then that's fine but in my book a man should always be able to do a minimum of the following if called upon. 

Car ... Dip the oil, manage the levels, change a punctured tyre on a rainy day and know how to do bump start when the battery is flat. 

House .. Change a plug/fuse, re set the trip, put up a shelf that's level and will support more than a birthday card, bleed radiators and top up boiler. Fish the stinky gunk out drains, U bends and plug holes with a minimum of fuss

Other skills .. Hide any latent fear of insects / creepy crawlies / vermin and despatch them swiftly in order to protect their loved ones. Be the one who goes down stairs in the middle of the night to investigate "that funny noise" . Freely and without complaint give up 75% of the Duvet.

describe part severed limb as a result of a self harm incident with the power tool as "just a small cut" 

Suggestions ?  ( keep it clean, this is a family site ) 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, jono said:

I have always been an egalitarian but I still believe a man should have certain skills that form part of the definition of being a man .. If a woman has them too then that's fine but in my book a man should always be able to do a minimum of the following if called upon. 

Car ... Dip the oil, manage the levels, change a punctured tyre on a rainy day and know how to do bump start when the battery is flat. 

House .. Change a plug/fuse, re set the trip, put up a shelf that's level and will support more than a birthday card, bleed radiators and top up boiler. Fish the stinky gunk out drains, U bends and plug holes with a minimum of fuss

Other skills .. Hide any latent fear of insects / creepy crawlies / vermin and despatch them swiftly in order to protect their loved ones. Be the one who goes down stairs in the middle of the night to investigate "that funny noise" . Freely and without complaint give up 75% of the Duvet.

describe part severed limb as a result of a self harm incident with the power tool as "just a small cut" 

Agree on those plus my own:

Mow the lawn

Saw tree branches

Go to the tip/bottle bank (not really a skill but designated task)

Set up any new TV/Audio/Wifi equipment

I got home from work the other day and the Mrs was mowing the lawn with stripes & everything. For a moment it felt like my nuts had been cut off

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, jono said:

When i got my last car it took me forever to work out how to check the oil, only to discover it told me on start up how much was in there ... so another job i am removed of. Cant change a puncture as dont even have a blooming spare wheel now just a can of whipped cream which doesnt work, and also told cant bump start anymore as will wreck catalytic converter.

Reckon its some conspiracy to take all men jobs away from us.

3 hours ago, jono said:

Take the rubbish out and put the bin out first the bin men. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Assert male dominance over the remote control so no rubbish like Game of Thrones is put on

Now you are just being provocative ! Put the testosterone away, don't you know ?  ..."winter is coming" 

:ph34r:

Archived