Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, 86 points said:

Lamest post I've ever read.  Drop your club because you don't like who they're signing! You've moaned all season we need to bring new faces in now you're whining when we do. There's no pleasing you is there mate?

We aren't Barcelona, so he'll never be happy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

Not your finest moment...

2 minutes ago, Briz said:

Just to say, we're laughing down here. 14 million for kodjia, rumoured to be buying Rhodes for 7 million. 

If that fee is correct it is an outstanding return for just one season of play and success ( and it is to much in my opinion) 

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4 minutes ago, Briz said:

Just to say, we're laughing down here. 14 million for kodjia, rumoured to be buying Rhodes for 7 million. 

I can't imagine the 14 million will all be upfront, a significant amount will surely be In add ons and if he gets us to the premier league, frankly I wouldn't give a **** how much he costs it ain't my money.

4 minutes ago, Briz said:

You're potentially losing a key player days before the end of the window and you're all 'laughing down here.' Well done. I'd be annoyed if one of our best players wanted to leave for a team in the same league. The money has no affect on you personally so why do fans get all excited by the big numbers thrown around? You're receiving none of it, only your chairman is.

The key to getting the 'Derby Way' back is how we strengthen the supply chain to this new speedy breed.

Butterfield, Hughes and Bryson doesn't seem to work without a holding midfielder behind them so they can push forward.

Pearson's desire to ensure we don't lose silly goals has produced a midfield scared to make a mistake. There was scarcely a first-time pass played last night. They were concentrating so much their tongues were nearly out.

Quick passing will unlock any defence and we need to gamble on a few going astray.

We either need a new CM or risk BJ back there where his competitive spirit might be better-placed.

My fear is that we are buying 'Fancy Dans' who operate well when the going is good.

We need some strong personalities who won't accept defeat as an option.

I'd love to see Wasilewski here from Leicester for a season at CB, possibly in a three.

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You're potentially losing a key player days before the end of the window and you're all 'laughing down here.' Well done. I'd be annoyed if one of our best players wanted to leave for a team in the same league. The money has no affect on you personally so why do fans get all excited by the big numbers thrown around? You're receiving none of it, only your chairman is.

Tammy Abraham 

13 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Lamest post I've ever read.  Drop your club because you don't like who they're signing! You've moaned all season we need to bring new faces in now you're whining when we do. There's no pleasing you is there mate?

Where did I say I will drop the club because of who they are signing?

It's not the who which bothers me, it's the utter ridiculous sums of money being thrown about. I know it's easy to say it's not my money, but it's the signs we're giving off which annoys me.

Being a Derby fan since the mid 90s, I've always seen us as a respected club and I was proud to see us produce such good footballing times (be it only briefly in the grand scheme of things) against the odds on small budgets.

I really don't like how we've created a massive problem for ourselves by ridiculous spending, and as a means of getting ourselves out of the mess we created, we're spending ridiculous amounts again.

QPR mark II. And I loathed QPR for what they did.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where did I say I will drop the club because of who they are signing?

It's not the who which bothers me, it's the utter ridiculous sums of money being thrown about. I know it's easy to say it's not my money, but it's the signs we're giving off which annoys me.

Being a Derby fan since the mid 90s, I've always seen us as a respected club and I was proud to see us produce such good footballing times (be it only briefly in the grand scheme of things) against the odds on small budgets.

I really don't like how we've created a massive problem for ourselves by ridiculous spending, and as a means of getting ourselves out of the mess we created, we're spending ridiculous amounts again.

QPR mark II. And I loathed QPR for what they did.

If we recoup comparable amounts for our players, does it matter?

Archived