Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

5 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

And all pretty average. Russell isn't that quick, Weimann has the skill of a potato and Blackmen, nuff said.

A lot of the pacey strikers in this division aren't particularly skilful. I don't think much of Gray as a footballer, but he produces the numbers. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Decent as cant hit a paper tail or a barn door blackmen

I must have imagined all his goals for reading before we signed him then.

bit tiresome now mate.

we know you don't like him or Baird, we get that.

22 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Exactly, clean slate for all. Blackman will prove to be a very good signing once played as a CF instead of on the wing, IMO anyway. 

I have been impressed with his application this offseason. He looks really hungry to impress, in the group enjoying it. I can't ask for more in that respect, as I thought it was a waste of money move in Jan (jury's still out of course)

Im not sure how Pearson is going to set us up, but I agree Blackman could well become a permanent fixture in at least the main 18.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Decent as cant hit a paper tail or a barn door blackmen

Not sure the club will take you up on your offer to improve the players if you write them off after a handful of games B4.  He came in at a difficult time last year with all the upheaval and negative vibe that was around just after he joined.

Whilst I agree he hasn't proved he will be an asset based on his performances to date, he didn't get a decent run of games last year, and some fans were maybe a bit to quick to judge him.  Who knows what a run of games will do to his confidence, which is key in any players performance, something that we haven't yet to see.

Martin was pants when he first joined on loan, played in a position and system that didn't suit him, hopefully Blackman will prove to be of similar ilk.

55 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Exactly, clean slate for all. Blackman will prove to be a very good signing once played as a CF instead of on the wing, IMO anyway. 

I disagree. Bent looks more promising still. Bent has to be higher up the pecking order than Blackman. 

Camara and Blackman both seem like good lads and I hope they prove their haters wrong in the new season. I don't know how many times they played with each other last season but they played very well and linked up very well together in the FA cup game v Hartlepool. They are also good friends off the field. I'd like to see them given more of a chance playing together.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Camara and Blackman both seem like good lads and I hope they prove their haters wrong in the new season. I don't know how many times they played with each other last season but they played very well and linked up very well together in the FA cup game v Hartlepool. They are also good friends off the field. I'd like to see them given more of a chance playing together.

I agree. I would like to see Camara & Blackman given fresh starts with everybody. I include Weimann in that. I think out the 3 of em that 1 could turn the tide and become a big player for us. I trust Pearson will give em that chance and I hope the fans do as well.

PistoldPete2

From what little ive seen of Blackman he looks a good player technically but short of confidence.  Ditto weimann . Camara not impressed. Bent not given much chance last year getting a bit old now but a proven goalscorer ... if we sign a replacement I think it will be for him unless he still has legs for one more year. 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No sorry i do not agree

Even against the red scum a tap in but messed it up from two yards out. For me blackmen is not good enough if showed fraction Russell does and buxton i could forgive his short fall.

Players don't all wear their hearts on their sleeves, just because they don't look passionate doesn't mean they aren't. Blackmen came in at a bad time for us, never really got a run in the side. He seems to like Pearson too, deserves a chance.

On 22 July 2016 at 10:51, Rampage said:

Blackman is a good player, Powell may get the best out of him. Powell is a great guy and will make a big difference.

I really hope Blackman comes good and gets/is given a chance.I would be really happy to see Kodjia sign but no way should we be held to ransom.

I'm getting the impression in recent times that strikers who can really cut it play centre forward, and strikers who "are better just behind the main striker" actually just need more space and time to get involved because they aren't as good. He's certainly not a #10 playmaker, he looks clueless wide, he can't play as a target man...what can he do? A poacher on the shoulder of the last defender? Bent and Weimann will be ahead of him in the pecking order for me in that role.

Blackman's like Albentosa. He must have more than he's shown, because he's looked a pub player. Can he show it? We'll know by October. If he can't do it here, offload him as soon as possible.

I feel that we should still be considering kodjia. Look at what bunley did with andre gray last season. Kodjia is now proven in the championship and I believe he is what could make the difference in this side to get us promoted. For me martin just wasn't good enough last season and I feel that kodjia would easily get 20+ goals next season.

17 minutes ago, needles said:

I'm getting the impression in recent times that strikers who can really cut it play centre forward, and strikers who "are better just behind the main striker" actually just need more space and time to get involved because they aren't as good. He's certainly not a #10 playmaker, he looks clueless wide, he can't play as a target man...what can he do? A poacher on the shoulder of the last defender? Bent and Weimann will be ahead of him in the pecking order for me in that role.

Blackman's like Albentosa. He must have more than he's shown, because he's looked a pub player. Can he show it? We'll know by October. If he can't do it here, offload him as soon as possible.

I'm sorry but I don't buy this at all. It's easier to man mark players on the wing because they can be easily double teamed on. Put a few men on any player in the world and they'd struggle. Heck the first thing at Guardiola did at Barcelona was to put Messi as a false 9 as he'd get more space roaming rather than on the wing where he was easier to mark. Every player would perform better if they had time and space. Not fair at all to judge Blackman, likewise with Albentosa because they were coming into struggling teams where the confidence was completely shot. You say that Blackman looked like a pub player but which player apart from Hughes actually played well consistently at the end of the season? If he doesn't play well in the first few months of the season then fair enough,he may not be what he require but until then we shouldn't write anyone off in the new team. No-ones guaranteed a starting place under Pearson and the players know that. I got the feeling that at the end of last season certain players were played due to reputation and not due to form but Pearson won't take this. 

Archived