George Thorne

Kernow

For those wanting Will Hughes to play further up the pitch and not in Thornes role , what about playing Stephen Warnock in that cdm role , never let us down when been in the team , bags of experience and played that role before , got to be a better shout than Johnson , Baird and Hendrick

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

For those wanting Will Hughes to play further up the pitch and not in Thornes role , what about playing Stephen Warnock in that cdm role , never let us down when been in the team , bags of experience and played that role before , got to be a better shout than Johnson , Baird and Hendrick

I believe it was tried once when we lost all our DMs last season. It was bad, very bad. Both Johnson and Baird have performed better in that role in games I've seen.

7 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

I believe it was tried once when we lost all our DMs last season. It was bad, very bad. Both Johnson and Baird have performed better in that role in games I've seen.

Reading last season, 33 minutes before being taken off for Lingard.

8 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Last time was an absolute disaster. I think he was subbed at half time

hughes in the holding role with Bryson and either Johnson or butter field alongside him for me

We cannot have Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield in the middle of the pitch for one reason - total combined height is about 4 feet!!

We need some strength and power in there. Hull are a competitive team, with power.

Johnson for me in there - added aerial ability and can hit a shot. The passing requirement lowers because Hughes is now in there. Let Johnson and Hughes play a little deeper, Bryson bombing on.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Derby 0-3 Reading

Hughes is over six foot.

If Johnson is fit then he should play. Hull have a physical midfield and there's a chance we could be overpowered by Huddlestone, Diame and Livermore.

Hughes is the best player for the holding role despite what you lose going forward.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We cannot have Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield in the middle of the pitch for one reason - total combined height is about 4 feet!!

We need some strength and power in there. Hull are a competitive team, with power.

Johnson for me in there - added aerial ability and can hit a shot. The passing requirement lowers because Hughes is now in there. Let Johnson and Hughes play a little deeper, Bryson bombing on.

Will is taller than Bradley. Will is 6 foot Bradders is only 5' 10" (I think):)

19 minutes ago, Joel said:

Hughes is over six foot.

If Johnson is fit then he should play. Hull have a physical midfield and there's a chance we could be overpowered by Huddlestone, Diame and Livermore.

Hughes is the best player for the holding role despite what you lose going forward.

We really do need Hughes further upfield, gotta be Baird at CDM surely, or Johnson perhaps, or Butterfield, just not Will

Archived