Belper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could always buy your own grit bin too, if it's a concern. More people who live in hilly areas should do that.

Do you mean Chesterfield Rd?

Nottingham Rd ain't too bad gradient wise.

snow soon gets shifted, but you do get clowns thinking they'll get up the steep roads by going dead slow when it's settled.

ps, the forum elite live on the outskirts of Belper.

3 minutes ago, David said:

If you like to use the Internet, avoid Belper. They are still on dial up and the taxi's are horse and carts.

I'll rise. Superfast is everywhere - unless you're after Virgin, in which case, no go.

Some good advice, cheers folks. Nottingham Road isn't too bad, it's the High Pavement bit that looks like it could do with a ski lift installed in case of ice!

Not too worried about on street parking, same where I live at the moment.

I noticed it's on a gritting route so that's good too.

Having grown up in Melbourne, Ashbourne just feels a little bit too similar, and out of price range!!

Just speculating at the minute anyroad.

It depends on your budget. Are you buying or renting?

There are some nice houses on Nottm Rd with great views, just the parking issue as stated.

You can get some decent terraces on Over Lane or Holbrook Road but you are a trek into town.

Been away from the area for 30 years now and out of touch. Now I'm used to London prices. What sort of price round there for say a 3 bed terrace and a 3 bed semi?

2 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Hills will get me fitter or kill me.

As for budget, probably 150k or 200k, depending on the house, but it's early days. 

After everything you've done, surely Mel can sort you out a decent house.! 

Not wishing to derail thread from Belper, but what is Melbourne like to live in? 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I'll rise. Superfast is everywhere - unless you're after Virgin, in which case, no go.

Is it too obvious to point out obtaining Virgins in Belper has always been a problem?

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

Do you mean Chesterfield Rd?

Nottingham Rd ain't too bad gradient wise.

snow soon gets shifted, but you do get clowns thinking they'll get up the steep roads by going dead slow when it's settled.

ps, the forum elite live on the outskirts of Belper.

You need to get your keyboard sorted - doing 'e' instead of 's' and 'l' instead of 'h'

Archived