Congratulations to Burnley

Sparkle

41 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Have you forgot burnley fans saying we broight the league they can hardly talk.

Derby fans have said worse. I remember some Derby fans saying they want Derby to lose every game so Wassall can get sacked. I remember ONE Derby fan absolutely slagging Warnock off last January. You don't judge a club by the comments of one of two divheads!

Similarly, what they say about Derby doesn't make their achievements any different. They won, fair and square, they are better than Derby. END OF.... FACT.... ETC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Derby fans have said worse. I remember some Derby fans saying they want Derby to lose every game so Wassall can get sacked. I remember ONE Derby fan absolutely slagging Warnock off last January. You don't judge a club by the comments of one of two divheads!

Similarly, what they say about Derby doesn't make their achievements any different. They won, fair and square, they are better than Derby*. END OF.... FACT.... ETC

*without Will Hughes ;)

Doesn't matter how they did it (unless they bribed the referees of course) any team that wins any league deserves credit. It's not a one-off game or a competition where certain opponents can be avoided, it's a league competition where everybody plays each other an equal amount of times.

Over the 45 games, Burnley have been the best and most consistent team in the league.

Now, this will have no bearing on how they do in the Premier League, and they could find themselves next season ten points adrift of a current playoff team they are ten points clear of in the Championship.

Ugly football or not, Burnley deserve credit. They're certainly not as entertaining as say Bournemouth or even Derby when in top gear, but they're equally or if not more effective in the Championship.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Just ******* annoyes me they say that and get andrew grey for 9m sorry but i dont forgive comments like that or what there manager said sorry will not praise like some of you are.

They sold Ings and replaced him with Gray for a couple million more.

They sold Shackell and replaced him with Tarkowski for a similar fee.

They sold Trippier replacing him with Darikwa and Lowton for the same value. 

They spent about 3m extra to buy a couple of other players. 

We didn't sell anyone but still spent 25m. 

I posted this on your Brighton match thread, but after seeing this wanted to put it here too:

I know you guys won't give a **** about us, which is fair enough, but just wanted to say you were outstanding today and a credit to the Championship putting a full team out and going at them when already confirmed for Play Offs.

Will Hughes was absolutely top class, and I raised a glass in my (bouncing) local after the game to Derby County FC, to which the entire pub did the same.

I hope you smash it in the Play Offs, living in Chesterfield you are a local match for me and unlike the non entities that are Brighton, have a real history to back yourselves up.

Thanks, and good luck.

22 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Really? They weren't a million miles off last time, and will spend a huge sum in comparison this time. Don't be quick to judge 

They were relegated with about four or five games to go I think. Their total of 33 points was glossed over by the fact they picked up seven points in the last three games. They were long gone before that.

Besides, I think they were better before. I think Ings, Tripper and Shackell as a trio are better than Gray, Lowton and Mee though the latter was playing LB I think before and now CB.

I'd be surprised if Burnley prove me wrong. In fact, I hope they do. Who doesn't like an underdog?

I honestly don't think they have the style to do it. I don't think Gray will be very good in the PL (his first touch is average and he's hardly the most intelligent striker) while players like Jones, Barton and Boyd while perfectly solid at this level will always struggle in the top-flight.

It will be interesting to see who Dyche tries to sign with money though. His signings so far for Burnley have been players who will work hard in the Championship and prove effective.

Does he have it in him to go abroad and find a Kone, Ighalo, Ayew, Rondon, Arnautovic - these are the sorts of players which have made huge impacts at Sunderland, Watford, Swansea, WBA and Stoke etc.

Could Burnley find these sorts of players? Could they even attract them? It will be interesting and good luck to them.

55 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

They were relegated with about four or five games to go I think. Their total of 33 points was glossed over by the fact they picked up seven points in the last three games. They were long gone before that.

Besides, I think they were better before. I think Ings, Tripper and Shackell as a trio are better than Gray, Lowton and Mee though the latter was playing LB I think before and now CB.

I'd be surprised if Burnley prove me wrong. In fact, I hope they do. Who doesn't like an underdog?

I honestly don't think they have the style to do it. I don't think Gray will be very good in the PL (his first touch is average and he's hardly the most intelligent striker) while players like Jones, Barton and Boyd while perfectly solid at this level will always struggle in the top-flight.

It will be interesting to see who Dyche tries to sign with money though. His signings so far for Burnley have been players who will work hard in the Championship and prove effective.

Does he have it in him to go abroad and find a Kone, Ighalo, Ayew, Rondon, Arnautovic - these are the sorts of players which have made huge impacts at Sunderland, Watford, Swansea, WBA and Stoke etc.

Could Burnley find these sorts of players? Could they even attract them? It will be interesting and good luck to them.

Yes that trio are better, but after spending? As I've said, 30m record breaking profits and vast TV money, I'm sure they'll have the wealth. Bornemouth attracted some decent players this season with pedigree in good European leagues. Iturbe, Gradel ect, and I'd say Burnley are a bigger club than them. 

Could they? Who knows? But to relegate them before a ball has been kicked is harsh. They were down after the final whistle of their 3rd last game. It was fairly tight. And that was with that, 10m spending? Dyche is a top manager, and I think they'll probably replicate Bournemouth next season. 

18 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Yes that trio are better, but after spending? As I've said, 30m record breaking profits and vast TV money, I'm sure they'll have the wealth. Bornemouth attracted some decent players this season with pedigree in good European leagues. Iturbe, Gradel ect, and I'd say Burnley are a bigger club than them. 

Could they? Who knows? But to relegate them before a ball has been kicked is harsh. They were down after the final whistle of their 3rd last game. It was fairly tight. And that was with that, 10m spending? Dyche is a top manager, and I think they'll probably replicate Bournemouth next season. 

But they play nothing like Bournemouth. Players like Gradel said they joined Bournemouth because of Howe, and how they play. Who is going to say that about Dyche? Maybe in the Championship, not the PL.

If they prove me wrong, they prove me wrong. I just think they're the most obvious to get relegated this season. I can't see them winning enough games with their style of play, especially away from home.

52 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But they play nothing like Bournemouth. Players like Gradel said they joined Bournemouth because of Howe, and how they play. Who is going to say that about Dyche? Maybe in the Championship, not the PL.

If they prove me wrong, they prove me wrong. I just think they're the most obvious to get relegated this season. I can't see them winning enough games with their style of play, especially away from home.

Because of Howe? Hardly a renowned manager. I doubt he'd heard of him before the cheque was waved infront of him... Dyche demands respect and vice versa. Look at how well Barton talks about him. Burnley may not play a fluid style of football but do Leicester? 442 just like them. I'm not sure if they are still after a few 1-0 wins, but Burnley were the top scorers in the division

5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Because of Howe? Hardly a renowned manager. I doubt he'd heard of him before the cheque was waved infront of him... Dyche demands respect and vice versa. Look at how well Barton talks about him. Burnley may not play a fluid style of football but do Leicester? 442 just like them. I'm not sure if they are still after a few 1-0 wins, but Burnley were the top scorers in the division

Gradel played under Howe before. The only other one was Icardi, but he joined in January when he could already see Bournemouth performing on the big stage.

I'm not criticising Dyche. But what top player will want to play for Burnley, over other Premier League clubs for instance? I mean, where will Burnley find these players to keep them up?

They don't have a scouting network aborad, not many abroad will have heard of them. They could look to buy top players in the Championship, but could you imagine someone like Hughes or Cook leaving Derby or Leeds for Burnley?

Burnley play 4-4-2, but they play nothing like Leicester. They don't break up play in the middle likes Kante and Drinkwater and spring quick counterattacks. Aside from Gray, they lack pace all over the pitch.

I just can't see it buddy. But let's see.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Gradel played under Howe before. The only other one was Icardi, but he joined in January when he could already see Bournemouth performing on the big stage.

I'm not criticising Dyche. But what top player will want to play for Burnley, over other Premier League clubs for instance? I mean, where will Burnley find these players to keep them up?

They don't have a scouting network aborad, not many abroad will have heard of them. They could look to buy top players in the Championship, but could you imagine someone like Hughes or Cook leaving Derby or Leeds for Burnley?

Burnley play 4-4-2, but they play nothing like Leicester. They don't break up play in the middle likes Kante and Drinkwater and spring quick counterattacks. Aside from Gray, they lack pace all over the pitch.

I just can't see it buddy. But let's see.

I think a cheque book and premier league football in enough for most foriegn players. 

Each to their own, they'll struggle, but I can see them doing it this time around.

Hope we can join them. 

I dont think they're the best team to watch, they've bored their way to promotion constantly grinding out results and fair play to them. 

Still cant take to dyche absolutely hate the man 

14 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I dont think they're the best team to watch, they've bored their way to promotion constantly grinding out results and fair play to them. 

Still cant take to dyche absolutely hate the man 

They're better to watch than Boro, at least. 

Lot of classy comments on here from our counterparts in the claret and blue.

We have nothing against Burnley and wish them well. Suspect their way is not mels way but so what.

As has been said elsewhere it'll be a test of their scouting network. They will need new players I think as hard running in straight lines is unlikely to carry the day in the prem.

Burnley fans are fine by me. If anything I'm more annoyed at our continual failure to turn up for the whole game when we play them.

Hopefully we'll have a couple of well fought humdingers next season with us on the right side of at least one result. ☺

Archived