Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish i was head of recruitment.

All this team needs are a few improvements. With 15mil i believe you could bring in the following:

Nakhi Wells - £7 mil 

Alan Judge - £6 mil

Ritchie de laet - £2 mil 

I think these additional players of real quality would make a genuine positive impact. And are all very realistic and affordable. Wells for extra pace and goals in this new 442 formation. Judge for that out and out winger NP craves plus his set pieces. De laet proven winner at this level twice and has a PL medal to boot made available by Leicester to move on. 

Easy job this transfer malarkey.

8 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

All this team needs are a few improvements. With 15mil i believe you could bring in the following:

Nakhi Wells - £7 mil 

Alan Judge - £6 mil

Ritchie de laet - £2 mil 

I think these additional players of real quality would make a genuine positive impact. And are all very realistic and affordable. Wells for extra pace and goals in this new 442 formation. Judge for that out and out winger NP craves plus his set pieces. De laet proven winner at this level twice and has a PL medal to boot made available by Leicester to move on. 

I'm not sure you would get Judge for £6mill, think Brentford would want more. Get what you're saying, and those players would give us options. But I still don't think it would guarantee anything, not until the rest of our squad get to grips with the formation and style of Pearsons play. Could be a few months still

18 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I'm not sure you would get Judge for £6mill, think Brentford would want more. Get what you're saying, and those players would give us options. But I still don't think it would guarantee anything, not until the rest of our squad get to grips with the formation and style of Pearsons play. Could be a few months still

Judge may be more and he is likely to fail a medical because of his injury. But you never know what brentford are thinking. I disagree we need to wait for our current crop to get used to the 442. We need players that can play it and will fit right on if we are going to stick with it. 

28 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Judge may be more and he is likely to fail a medical because of his injury. But you never know what brentford are thinking. I disagree we need to wait for our current crop to get used to the 442. We need players that can play it and will fit right on if we are going to stick with it. 

Sorry, wasnt clear, I think the same as you, we need a couple of quality players to turn this team into contenders. But I'm wary that any signings won't cover over the fact that our existing players (mid and forwards in particular) are struggling to adjust. 

10 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Nakhi Wells - £7 mil 

Alan Judge - £6 mil

Ritchie de laet - £2 mil 

Do brentford play 4-4-2?

I thought they played more of a 4-2-3-1 when they've played us (which I admit I think of as a variant on 4-4-2) with Judge as an advanced winger? Much like the guys we play in 4-3-3?

15 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

The loudest sound at the moment is the ever ticking clock...............

Its getting scary.

Take the batteries out. 

Just now, YouRams said:

Not a fan of his song? 

He's looking a good player 1 in 2 goal scoring record since 2014, looked very good last season and just as good from the bits I've seen of him this year. 

Oh I like the song. I'd pay £10m for the song alone. Just think if we are looking for a striker we need someone of higher ability. Wells, Kodjia are all better than him imho and I'm not too fussed about them. 

Is the time to go back in for Antonio at West Ham ( granted he did well last season but they have him covering at right back)

we would have genuine pace available down both flanks with him and camara which would suit pearson's set up 

would be a great addition I think giving us that strength pace and goals we crave

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is the time to go back in for Antonio at West Ham ( granted he did well last season but they have him covering at right back)

we would have genuine pace available down both flanks with him and camara which would suit pearson's set up 

would be a great addition I think giving us that strength pace and goals we crave

Would cost about £20m in today's crazy market.

Archived