Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ramit said:

Jóhann extended his contract at Charlton before the start of last season.  There will be a relegation release clause in that contract or my name is Dolly Parton

Strange that. There was a time when I wanted to ramit into Dolly Parton. As you were.

20 hours ago, ramit said:

Norwich are interested in signing left footed winger Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson from relegated Charlton.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/league-one-gossip-norwich-city-11540378

Equally good on the right or left, quick, strong, determined with a sweet left foot and by far Charlton's best player last season.  He's too good for Norwich, playing wonderfully at the Euro finals.  Come on Pearson, you know it makes sense.

Don't see why we aren't having a look at him, like you said he is having a good euros and he comes across as quite a direct winger who did alright for a shocking Charlton team last season. 6 goals and 10 assists (25% contribution to all of Charlton's goals)

Berbatov is available on a free, Forest been linked with him and apparently another champ club are interested.

Would do well at this level, worth a 1 year deal with the option of another if we go up, was on 23k a week at his last club apparently

31 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Tom Bradshaw from Walsall. Best finisher outside the PL. Cheaper option to Kodjia if BC play hard ball. 

Barnsley have bid 350k they are looking for 750k according to Sky. If the Shotton deal is worth as much he's worth a punt certainly. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Barnsley have bid 350k they are looking for 750k according to Sky. If the Shotton deal is worth as much he's worth a punt certainly. 

750k! I'll pick him up if he's going that cheap

1 minute ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

Do u think Bradshaw would be any good in the champ

yeah, i think he has the potential to do really well in this league. i mean when nahki wells was at bradford people were asking the same questions and hes proven he can do well

5 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

Am I the only person who wants ince to leave and sign guddmonson or knockaert

No, but I wish you were. 

7 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

wouldnt mind januzaj on loan.. but would you play him in a conventional left mid or more as an attacking winger or central player since he has played in all three positions

bench, until he can learn to dive convincingly like Martin... or Keogh.

1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

yeah, i think he has the potential to do really well in this league. i mean when nahki wells was at bradford people were asking the same questions and hes proven he can do well

In general what attributes does a striker need to be able to step up to this level. A lot of players can bang them in, even in league one, but flop higher up.

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

In general what attributes does a striker need to be able to step up to this level. A lot of players can bang them in, even in league one, but flop higher up.

They need to be good at their play style. Could be pacy (Wells, Wilson, Vardy) or strong (Lambert made step up) as well as know where the goal is. There are a lot of strikers in Leagues 1 & 2 who are good finishers but they lack a stand out attribute. Typically players who make the step up are very good at one of these. (Andre Gray was decent at both of the two named, and now plays in Prem)

Before, I thought that we needed 5-6 players but that was before we got Pearson. I think Pearson will get the most out of the current bunch of players. I'd still like us to get 3 players though, 1 right back like De Laet to provide competition to Christie as we have competition at left back with Forsyth and Olsson. I'd also like us to sign an out an out winger like Callum Mcmanaman. Finally, I'd like us to sign a pacy striker like Wells to take the goalscoring pressure off Martin. A Martin-Wells partnership could be very tasty. If Bent leaves then I'd like us to sign another striker on top of this, maybe Bradshaw as suggested by a few? If we signed those players I'd be confident going into the new season.

Archived