Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County

eddie

3 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Plenty of blame for Wassall concerning the last substitution. Unnecessary considering that Buxton was in no way involved in the goal. 

Some people love a moan. This Clive fella on BBCRD now is awful. 

Some bellends out there - 'I feel that i must express anger about something and i have been a season ticket for 167 years and i didn't see the game or listen to it...'

Crap substitutions?! - one came on and scored ffs.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think the keeper foulded about 3 of our players in the build up to their goal. How any player can just jumper with their arms up into a wall of opposition bringing them all down is beyond me. This isnt aussie rules.

Butterfield could have done better, or not been there at all an Carson would have got it.

But if that is all Brighton have when they need a result at home I think we will be in with a good shout of getting something out of the play-offs.

Just now, Howard Canitbé said:

Either way, that isn't down to Darren Wassall. I really enjoyed that game, more so than any game under the previous management team. I would be delighted if he took us up and got a chance in the Premier League. Why not?

I do agree it's wrong to blame Wassall putting a CB on for defending a corner in the last minute is a reasonable sub, could of been defended better mind. As you say  on the whole a lot of positives and another team we've proven we shouldn't fear if we meet them again in the playoffs. 

I thought we played very well. Brighton are within the top 3 teams this season remember. They've lost 5 times all season and yet we gave them 0 clear cut chances. We controlled the midfield, Will Hughes was superb. We were perhaps a little too arrogant for the last few mins and injury time. If the game was of real importance to us I think we'd have managed to see it out. Equally if Brighton had all 11 men I think we'd have seen it out. Mentally I think we thought we had it won and it was just a matter of staying on the pitch until the ref blew the whistle.

Despite the ending, this game has only increased my confidence that we can do well in the play-offs. We were more than a match against a potential automatic promotion side. We moved the ball forward quickly, defended well and for much of the game were quite comfortable. Brighton never really looked like scoring apart from set-pieces, which we defended well despite Carson being obstructed from every corner they had. I think if it came to a Wembley final v Brighton we'd be able to see them off. And in terms of our finish, we'd still be relying on Hull to drop points at home to Rotherham to finish 4th. Only M'boro have a better home record than Hull this season (good luck Brighton), so I can see them beating Rotherham. If we're going to look for games where we've dropped points that have stopped us finishing 4th, I can think of a few I'd put well in front of this game.

It's 99.9% going to be Derby v Hull then Hull v Derby. I think we'll beat them at home. We just have the disadvantage of not knowing how much we need to beat them by. At 1-0 up would we keep the lead or go for more? At the same time I think we have also shown enough to prove we can get something at Hull. Put in an away performance like we have today and I'd be pretty confident about reaching Wembley.

COYR.

Good solid performance. 

Thought we began to shade it in the second half.

They're quick on the break in midfield, but we dealt with them well.

lots of 'manful' defending from both sides, although they were dirtier than I thought they'd be.

hughes' skill to create the goal was something else.

on the whole, we can't be dissapointed, I was expecting a draw at best.

fingers crossed for brys. 

We could blame Wassall for the sub/goal, but **** happens.

Anyone else 'beginning to believe'? Or is it just me that's slow to the party?

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Picky and harsh my friend. That was a good performance. We are a good side. UTR

It's only picky and harsh because the result doesn't really affect much, had that been in the semi's a lot more would pick up on it we need to iron out those little lapses so close to the playoffs. As I said in another post though a lot of positives to take also.

Just now, Stripperg-ram said:

Good solid performance. 

Thought we began to shade it in the second half.

They're quick on the break in midfield, but we dealt with them well.

lots of 'manful' defending from both sides, although they were dirtier than I thought they'd be.

hughes' skill to create the goal was something else.

on the whole, we can't be dissapointed, I was expecting a draw at best.

fingers crossed for brys. 

We could blame Wassall for the sub/goal, but **** happens.

Anyone else 'beginning to believe'? Or is it just me that's slow to the party?

Our or theirs? :p

Very mature display in second half by Derby. We weathered the first 25 mins and got steadily better but outplayed them in second half. Pity that we did not win. Ref should have cracked down on their bad tackles in first half.

10 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I do agree it's wrong to blame Wassall putting a CB on for defending a corner in the last minute is a reasonable sub, could of been defended better mind. As you say  on the whole a lot of positives and another team we've proven we shouldn't fear if we meet them again in the playoffs. 

Butterfield got in Carson's way, went in off his chest

12 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Some bellends out there - 'I feel that i must express anger about something and i have been a season ticket for 167 years and i didn't see the game or listen to it...'

Crap substitutions?! - one came on and scored ffs.

Wow, longer than we have had a club.:D

Watched in the pub, so take this opinion with a pinch of salt...but I thought we were the better side, looked comfortable until the soft equaliser and I'd have no qualms playing any of the p off teams. We could beat any of them or lose to any of them on the day. 

Delighted for Weimann. I've been as critical of him as anyone, and I hope that goal will do him good.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Wow, longer than we have had a club.:D

its called commitment :)

was at the game , just having a third ice cold lager and reflecting on a good game of football , yes they were physical but i thought our lads stood up to the challenge very well. A great showing in the second half , thought we totally deserved to win , up until the last few minutes when they had to throw the kitchen sink at us . Nothing to fear in the play offs , Wembley here we come, oh and Will Hughes , bit special wasnt he

Darren'Arry have got everyone on side now. Darren will start next season as our manager whatever happens now. He has exceeded all reasonable expectations. He has increased the transfer value of pretty much every player at DCFC

Much improved second half. Midfield improved in particular. Bryson joined the party after a first 45 on the periphery. Thorne not great for me, nor Ince or Martin but the centre backs and Hughes were immense. Surprised at how ordinary Brighton looked second half. We deserved our goal. Great play by Will and lovely to see Weimann on target. Cruel way to concede though in the last seconds. 

I'm more optimistic than I was before the game about our promotion chances. Be tempted to mix it up next week at the iPro though. 

Hughes man of the match by a mile. Shackell imperious. 

UTR 

Archived