OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Expectation is going to be through the roof now as well. Rowett would have been my first choice, but probably because I don't see promotion as the be all and end all.

It's your choice to feel that way ,,, goes without saying but for me that's the whole point of sport ,,, striving to be the best you can be ,I agree we can't all be the best or in the top division even ,, my support for Derby (50 years ) does not ever waver when we fail but going in to every season promotion is the be all and end all if not what's the point ,I could watch loads of pretty football as a nuetralneutral

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

do people not read?

He will be giving up millions in bonuses if he leaves before the terms of his agreement is up. He was not sacked, he is NOT unemployed, he was just relieved of his first team duties.

This bloke still has a contract as manager of Leicester and as such is still entitled to related bonuses for their performance this past season, even though Ranieri led the team.

Wastin yer time dude.

13256460_1107450835964468_27226191198322

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I the only one whoes a bit "meh"

Pearson is alright but hardly either a)a cut above what might be expected or b) a guarantee of promotion - some seem to think he's some sort of superhuman for getting Leicester up after several years of trying.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad choice and I'll support him but I'm hardly off to fap about it either. Plus, I just don't like the guy.

But no manager can guarantee you promotion and we're a provincial second tier club so no proven, exceptional manager will entertain the idea of coming to us.

We've overspent and have an unbalanced and bloated squad. FFP will ensure that we won't have much to spend unless we sell next season. Pearson has sorted such a situation out twice at Leicester and once at Hull. Pearson does have a track record of developing youth players and finding cheap gems in the transfer market. He's also been effective in achieving promotions.

To me, he's an absolutely perfect fit for the place we are at present. OK, he'll change the playing style a little. We'll be more solid at the back and will attack with greater pace. It'll be a different 'Derby way', but he's certainly no hoofball merchant and the football is likely to be a distinct improvement on what Clement served up.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

But no manager can guarantee you promotion and we're a provincial second tier club so no proven, exceptional manager will entertain the idea of coming to us.

We've overspent and have an unbalanced and bloated squad. FFP will ensure that we won't have much to spend unless we sell next season. Pearson has sorted such a situation out twice at Leicester and one at Hull. Pearson does have a track record of developing youth players and finding cheap gems in the transfer market. He's also been effective in achieving promotions.

To me, he's an absolutely perfect fit for the place we are at present. OK, he'll change the playing style a little. We'll be more solid at the back and will attack with greater pace. It'll be a different 'Derby way', but he's certainly no hoofball merchant and the football is likely to be a distinct improvement on what Clement served up.

Absolutely spot on

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We've overspent and have an unbalanced and bloated squad. FFP will ensure that we won't have much to spend unless we sell next season. Pearson has sorted such a situation out twice at Leicester and one at Hull. Pearson does have a track record of developing youth players and finding cheap gems in the transfer market. He's also been effective in achieving promotions.

Agree,Agree,Agree.

Just now, archied said:

It's your choice to feel that way ,,, goes without saying but for me that's the whole point of sport ,,, striving to be the best you can be ,I agree we can't all be the best or in the top division even ,, my support for Derby (50 years ) does not ever waver when we fail but going in to every season promotion is the be all and end all if not what's the point ,I could watch loads of pretty football as a nuetralneutral

I absolutely want us to win, and I absolutely want us to get promoted, but the way in which we do matters a lot to me. If Mourinho came in as head coach, we spent a billion pounds, cruised to promotion and finished in the top 4 the next year I'd actually be pretty devastated and would lose interest in football completely. 

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I absolutely want us to win, and I absolutely want us to get promoted, but the way in which we do matters a lot to me. If Mourinho came in as head coach, we spent a billion pounds, cruised to promotion and finished in the top 4 the next year I'd actually be pretty devastated and would lose interest in football completely. 

What on earth are you blabbling on about? How do you want to do it then? There is no perfect way of going up. It's a complete myth that Pearson doesn't play attacking football. Let me remind you that Mel aspires us to play similarly to how we did in 13/14 season, the same season where we got battered by Nigel Pearson's Leicester team 4-1.

7 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Sorry....I'm a half-fan cos I'd absolutely love it if we did that. 

AilableThought Mel Morris wanted someone who plays the derby way and that is certainly not Pearson and he is definitely not the best avail able either 

I have to admit now I would probably give wassail a chance to prove he's up to the job but I would like to somebody else brought in to harry wise old sage role

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What on earth are you blabbling on about? How do you want to do it then? There is no perfect way of going up. It's a complete myth that Pearson doesn't play attacking football. Let me remind you that Mel aspires us to play similarly to how we did in 13/14 season, the same season where we got battered by Nigel Pearson's Leicester team 4-1.

Hahaha.

I wasn't 'blabbling' about Pearson at all, I was elaborating on my feelings to archied regarding what I said about promotion and results not being the most important thing to me.

I've been quite clear on my reasons for not wanting Pearson in. 

I don't want him in now simply based on the fact that McLovin does. 

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Hahaha.

I wasn't 'blabbling' about Pearson at all, I was elaborating on my feelings to archied regarding what I said about promotion and results not being the most important thing to me.

I've been quite clear on my reasons for not wanting Pearson in. 

Of course results are the ultimately most important thing, maybe not to you but to the players and everyone associated with Derby County it is that's why it's a professional game. A lot of Derby fans, probably not yourself if you're happy with failure, are fed up with being known as bottlers for the last three seasons. If you don't want Pearson to come in just to annoy me then that shows how childish you are. Have a good night and embrace Pearson's appointment should we get him. Will be thinking of you when we get promoted under him next season :)

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Bizarrely SkyBet have got the same odds for the manager on the first day of next season to be Darren Wassall as they have for it to be Owen Cole??? Seriously!!??

Jesus, that's amazing....I too can't believe that Coyle is that ranked that much as an outsider, he isn't a complete no-hoper as he has a promotion and a title on his CV.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Of course results are the ultimately most important thing, maybe not to you but to the players and everyone associated with Derby County it is that's why it's a professional game. A lot of Derby fans, probably not yourself if you're happy with failure, are fed up with being known as bottlers for the last three seasons. If you don't want Pearson to come in just to annoy me then that shows how childish you are. Have a good night and embrace Pearson's appointment should we get him. Will be thinking of you when we get promoted under him next season :)

You do know Pearson has only been promoted from the Championship once don't you?

How can you be so sure that he'll get us promoted?

12 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I don't want him in now simply based on the fact that McLovin does

Seems reasonable...

:D

Get Pearson in, we have tried with managers that are week and lose control of the dressing room. That say the right things when interviewed and it hasn't worked. Now let's get this nutcase in, he won't pussy foot around players not pulling there weight.

Just now, nottingram said:

You do know Pearson has only been promoted from the Championship once don't you?

How can you be so sure that he'll get us promoted?

Christ I can't win on here. When I state an opinion that a lot of Derby fans are thinking but are afraid to say I get accused of being "too negative"  but when I'm being positive and optimistic by stating that we will get promoted I get questioned.

Archived