OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Derby Telegraph Poll today (about 2,400 people) gave Pearson the most votes. Wassall got 4 % of the votes i.e. 95 votes from 2,400.

i think that Mel should either give Darren the job or not interview him, If he is interviewed and does not get the job it may prove to be more divisive than he just going back to the Academy. A very tricky one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Odds are also on Bet Victor but don't show up on oddschecker...

Who Will Be Derby Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season?

Outright - Specials

Tim Sherwood 4/5

Gary Rowett 6/1

Darren Wassall 6/1

Steve Cotterill 8/1  :o

Roberto Martinez 12/1

David Moyes 12/1

Mark Warburton 12/1

Nigel Pearson 12/1

Might put a bet on Sherwood and that will definitely put the mockers on him getting the job.

Out of the names above would like order ogf preferance Warburton, Martinez capable of redeeming himself ,Moyes Wassall and then Pearson .

Obviously everyone has a different opinion ,and who can say who would be best suitef for doing the job but if we have waited so long for the appointment of Sherwood i will be some what  under whelmed 

Strong rumours on derby mad that Sherwood is going to be announced next week. Thanks for that one Harry. Used his second hand car salesman talk to put his mate in the shop window. If this is true I despair of Morris too. I don't give a damn if he is a successful business man. His tenure so far has been nothing short of disastrous and his decision making and interfering ways dreadful. He had even turned Rush from a competent CEO to his silent poodle who must only be sticking around because of his share interest in the club. 

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Might put a bet on Sherwood and that will definitely put the mockers on him getting the job.

Out of the names above would like order ogf preferance Warburton, Martinez capable of redeeming himself ,Moyes Wassall and then Pearson .

Obviously everyone has a different opinion ,and who can say who would be best suitef for doing the job but if we have waited so long for the appointment of Sherwood i will be some what  under whelmed 

Well I guess if mcClaren can be sacked by Derby and then land the newcastle job then cotter ill could be sacked by brizzle and yet end up at Derby. but it seems unlikely, a lot less than 8-1 I would say and a lot less than Pearson, Martinez etc. 

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

As a club, we're not a bad prospect. Far from it. We are in the top five of biggest clubs in the Championship and until recently, you would probably say top two or three in terms of how well the club is being run and most likely to succeed in the long term. But Mel Morris taking the reins and his actions and public remarks this campaign would do nothing to reassure me as an incoming manager. He is not the worst owner in the world, but does he come across as supportive, measured and smart in his thinking and decision-making? It is a big question mark.

The Mel Morris factor could sway the likes of Martinez and Pearson, especially when you have some equally tantalising challenges on offer. The Aston Villa and Newcastle jobs will be the ones that really whet the appetite of an ambitious manager. There is so much upside to getting it right at either of those clubs that you could probably gloss over many of the issues they are facing at present. Can we say the same here at Derby?

Fair comment re prospective managers losing confidence in Morris after the Clement saga & the 'Derby way' remarks - a lot of non-Derby fans up here were mystified by all that. That said, compared with Mike Ashley, Fawaz, Cellino & seemingly some less than angelic new owners at Villa - I'm not sure he would particularly stand out as a 'difficult' chairman to work with. Quite the opposite in fact when you look at the financial backing on offer & the fact he actually stated publicly his preference for a style of play over promotion (however true that was). Villa/Newcastle will not accept anything outside of the top 2 & will probably cull any manager who doesn't keep them consistently within 10 points of the top all season.

Much though I like Martinez as a man & his footballing ideology, he isn't what I believe the club needs right now. His pedigree is superior to our status as a club currently (so a danger of him thinking he'd be managing below his true level) & his devotion to a style of play (over results) is a more extreme version of what we've had for 3 years already. Pragmatism is what I think we need - hence why I would like Pearson or Warnock.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Derby Telegraph Poll today (about 2,400 people) gave Pearson the most votes. Wassall got 4 % of the votes i.e. 95 votes from 2,400.

i think that Mel should either give Darren the job or not interview him, If he is interviewed and does not get the job it may prove to be more divisive than he just going back to the Academy. A very tricky one.

If Darren doesnt get the job, which is highly likely now that the fans views of him wont be lost on Mel.
Im sure Mel would allow him back into his role as Head of Academy Football.

The issue would be, would DW want to go back to that, we all know he loves the club, but the fans opinons of his as a first team coach wont have been nice for him.

I could see another club coming in for him, and him leaving if he was given a managers job at a good club elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Benitez now staying at Newcastle according to Radio 5.  One less alternative for managers without jobs

Press conference at 7pm. 

Archived