OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What constitutes the "negative camp", an opinion you don't agree with? Derbados himself doesn't want Wassall here. The majority don't want Wassall here

@SaintRam meant whoever is employed will have people who do not want him as manager. Whoever is employed is going to have their negative critics, hence negative camp to a varying degree.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I cba to go through pages on here and IT WAS YOU THAT SAID IT. I'm sure some people on here will remember that too. :) 

Nope I can assure you it wasn't me, I wouldn't make up stuff if you can't back it up just for the purpose of your personal agenda :)

15 minutes ago, RobboRam said:

Just logged in to see if there is any new exciting manager news...

Oh no, another thread has descended into boring insults....

Yawn. :(

Feel the pain for you! 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Nope I can assure you it wasn't me, I wouldn't make up stuff if you can't back it up just for the purpose of your personal agenda :)

It WAS YOU. :) 

He's fine. But they only reckon its him because he's evens/short odds with bookies, Rowett was evens a month or so ago. 

11 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Results? The man guided us to best half season in 80 years.

Granted we had a blip..... But tell me this, how can we were so right to sack Clement when we had poor results but Brighton, Burnley (who were 9 points behind us at one stage) and Boro so wrong in sticking by their managers during similar blips and performances?

Wassall I wouldn't like to see get job either, but I'm not going to jump on every sodding bandwagon when things go wrong every time like some seem to do..... I back my football club. I'm going to give him a chance to last, it's a shame some couldn't back the previous coach for so long........

The I WANT I WANT I WANT IT NOW generation people...... Sums up some people. 

He took over a side that, but for an injury crisis, would have finished in the top two the year before. He spent £25,000,000 on that side and made it worse! 

I seriously don't know people can still disagree with the sacking. Performances were worse. Results in correlation with the previous two seasons were worse. His signings were diabolical. 

He might have had us top, then fifth after a seven game 'blip'… but that doesn't change the fact that he took us backwards. If you focus solely on results, then yeah, he should have been given more time. When you take everything into account though it was so blatantly the right decision.

He damaged us. And I wouldn't be surprised if the full extent of which is yet to be seen.

With out bring disrespectful what does Sherwood bring to the table,relatively inexperienced unsuccessful and if to be appointed surely could have taken the role before now.

Think i would rather have Darren than Sherwood if this is the case

1 minute ago, cannable said:

He took over a side that, but for an injury crisis, would have finished in the top two the year before. He spent £25,000,000 on that side and made it worse! 

I seriously don't know people can still disagree with the sacking. Performances were worse. Results in correlation with the previous two seasons were worse. His signings were diabolical. 

He might have had us top, then fifth after a seven game 'blip'… but that doesn't change the fact that he took us backwards. 

He damaged us. And I wouldn't be surprised if the full extent of which is yet to be seen.

Exactly.

He has left us with lots of players who are worth less then we paid for them and worth less than the wages we are paying them. To some extent this is post Jewell all over again. This time with FFP. 

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Anyway lets get back on topic, I don't like to be FALSELY accused. The guys on the other DCFC forum reckon it's Tim Sherwood, what are your thoughts on him?

http://boards.footymad.net/derbycounty-mad/2109345458/?pg=1#A5Z51WcUgeHjpZJA.97

Dont want to sound negative especially if you do end up with Tim but I don't rate him up to now , weren't impressed with him and either of Tottenham or villa , but we've seen managers do poorly then work wonders at other teams so if he comes then I'll be behind him but would prefer 3 or 4 of the other names circling around over him 

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Anyway lets get back on topic, I don't like to be FALSELY accused. The guys on the other DCFC forum reckon it's Tim Sherwood, what are your thoughts on him?

http://boards.footymad.net/derbycounty-mad/2109345458/?pg=1#A5Z51WcUgeHjpZJA.97

On talksport this morning Tim Sherwood was at a charity Golf event and stated - he hadn't applied for any jobs but is desperate to get back into management and if anyone wants him they know how to find him !

Dosen't sound very much like a done deal to me from that

Just now, DerbyPride said:

On the subject of Sherwood, didn't we make a bid for him once when he was playing for Blackburn? I think the letter detailing the bid was at that Quad exhibition a few years ago? Or I may have just made that up completely.

yeah we did but he turned us down - would have been a good signing at the time 

Archived