OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I seem to remember your not particularly a Nigel fan boy either? 

I saw many missing requisite attributes in Nigel, I would always accept his coaching team to fill these voids.

In answer to your question, I would be very very worried if Martinez came in. He is someone I have monitored, and am quick shocked that people rate him so highly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day similar market - Sherwood solid but odds against shows by no means nailed on, Wassall shortened but only because of the Pearson situation, Moyes in the market again after being odds on for Villa

Tim Sherwood 11/8

Darren Wassall 3

Gary Rowett 5

David Moyes 7

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 8

Roberto Martinez 10

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Another day similar market - Sherwood solid but odds against shows by no means nailed on, Wassall shortened but only because of the Pearson situation, Moyes in the market again after being odds on for Villa

Tim Sherwood 11/8

Darren Wassall 3

Gary Rowett 5

David Moyes 7

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 8

Roberto Martinez 10

For me out of these names my preferred order of choice is:

1. Mark Warburton

2. Pearson (I think he will go Villa though)

3. Wassall

4. Rowett

5. Moyes (won't come to the championship)

6. Martinez

7. Craig Ramage with Barry from Burton

8. Tim Sherwood 

I would take Martinez in a heartbeat.

i can understand people reservations about him totally though.

two people I would be really worried if we appointed would be sherwood and monk. Think they got very lucky in the jobs and squads they inherited and got out when they started to have a limited impact,

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

For me out of these names my preferred order of choice is:

1. Mark Warburton

2. Pearson (I think he will go Villa though)

3. Wassall

4. Rowett

5. Moyes (won't come to the championship)

6. Martinez

7. Craig Ramage with Barry from Burton

8. Tim Sherwood 

Wassall over Rowett??? Jeeeeeeze

22 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Tim Sherwood 11/8

Darren Wassall 3

Gary Rowett 5

David Moyes 7

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 8

Roberto Martinez 10

Bit disconcerting that the quality of manager goes up the further you read down the list!

7 minutes ago, KBB said:

I would take Martinez in a heartbeat.

i can understand people reservations about him totally though.

two people I would be really worried if we appointed would be sherwood and monk. Think they got very lucky in the jobs and squads they inherited and got out when they started to have a limited impact,

are you real? Monk and Sherwood were lucky to inherit their squads, yet Martinez....???

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you real? Monk and Sherwood were lucky to inherit their squads, yet Martinez....???

Martinez did a fantastic job at Swansea, achieved all Wigan could realistically hope for and, I'll grant you, under-achieved at Everton. He's not the deadbeat some people are trying to make out he is. Fits us like a glove.

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

to the poster earlier, NO, not all Derby fans want "experience". I'd much rather have ability thanks.

Likewise. Every expereinced manager mentioned on here has had some sort of failure at a  club, expereince is not the golden ticket! Not every young manager is a failure guys!

Martinez had

Baines Coleman Jageilka mirallas Barkley Lukaku Stones Barry Lennon Cleverley 

Not a bad squad and yes he under achieved but he does seem to fit the bill for Derby

We would need a very good defensive coach tho

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am I real? No I'm the next generation of Google spam bot

i totally agree with people and their worries about martinez. I can see exactly where they are coming from, but I just feel he would be a good fit here. Nothing more to go on that then my intuition and gut feeling. I think he would be a success here.

just mine and googles opinion.

Archived