OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 minutes ago, neilowens said:

Why's that then? Wot has he actually done of any note in his short, unsuccessful managerial caree

Did a cracking job at spurs. At the time they were outsiders to get a top 4 finish and he achieved that. Also hes the one who brought harry kane through. Think his win rate is the second best out of the last 10 spurs managers or something? Was extremely unfortunate to lose his job. For villa he wasn't any worse then his replacement they were a sinking ship from day one.

1 minute ago, neilowens said:

Let's hope so! He's the man ?

I think so. I would prefer him to anyone else but trying to stay realistic I will  have to wave the unpopular flag for Sherwood!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Did a cracking job at spurs. At the time they were outsiders to get a top 4 finish and he achieved that. Also hes the one who brought harry kane through. Think his win rate is the second best out of the last 10 spurs managers or something? Was extremely unfortunate to lose his job. For villa he wasn't any worse then his replacement they were a sinking ship from day one.

I think so. I would prefer him to anyone else but trying to stay realistic I will  have to wave the unpopular flag for Sherwood!

Hmm was his players at villa & did nothing! See wot ur saying but not good enough for us! We need someone proven!

26 minutes ago, Simsy said:

He had him on the bench a few times, he replaced Soldado with Adebeyore when he took charge.  Pochettino is the one who's made Kane a player.

I can't stand Sherwood, I'd rather have King Bill-eh back in charge, at least he can back up his massive ego with results.  He's a con man...

i work with a Villa fan and he was say

2 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Sherwood did not get a top 4 place at Spurs, wasn't even top 4 form.

To be me he is a classic honeymoon period coach, get a good reaction for 10 games after that decline and seems to have no tactical clue.

i work with a villa fan and he said exactly that

Tactically shocking and he had Ray Wilkins along side him too 

So i would perfer not 

Sherwood will motivate the players but after a while he gets found out as you need more than that to be a top manager. I dont get how certain managers, just because theyve been a player n coached for a bit they should walk in to top jobs! Need to learn there trade at the lower levels! Hense why wassell worries me, i dont want him to be learning on the job with us. If he does carry on next season i hope he a quick learner ornit will be another disapointing season!

Not interested in Sherwood. I'd rather keep Wassall and Harry or another experienced head to help him. 

We either go with an experienced manager with some kind of track record, or we stick with Wassall, IMO.

No point making another risky appointment (yes I know all appointment's have risk, but Sherwood's a big risk). May as well take that risk with one of our own. 

30 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

He had him on the bench a few times, he replaced Soldado with Adebeyore when he took charge.  Pochettino is the one who's made Kane a player.

I can't stand Sherwood, I'd rather have King Bill-eh back in charge, at least he can back up his massive ego with results.  He's a con man...

Steady on old chap :p

All this stuff re getting two people in because we don't think one of them is up to the job yet is madness ,, if someone is considered not ready for the job now then don't give him the job now , get somebody who is up to the job now and get them to do the job now,,,, we need a manager to manage , he manages and the buck stops with him 

Just now, De22Ram said:

Anyone reckon we could get chris houghton from brighton? If we could i think hed be a good fit!

No - he signed a new four year deal a day or so ago. I agree he'd be good for us, but what can we offer that Brighton can't?

Archived