Mini battle between us and Hull it seems...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks like it now. One more win needed for us to clinch a top 6 spot.

Mind you, football throws up the most unlikely results so we need to stay concentrated and keep playing well.

Who'd have thought Liverpool would have come back v Dortmund or Forest would have held Rotherham? Crazy, crazy game....

3rd spot is gone, given the form of the top 3.

I fancy us to not loose at home to wednesday, infact I think we will win, such is our home form.

Therefore I think Derby vs Hull is nailed on for the play off semis.

The only question is who finishes higher and who gets the home tie 2nd.

I'd sooner play home 2nd leg so I'd love to finish 4th, and a top 4 finish will feel like a success after our roller-coaster season. its been a good couple of weeks and hopefully Tuesday we can keep up the momentum and take 4th off Hull. 

They have a game in hand and a much easier run in than us although their form has been patchy of late. Could see them drawing or losing at least one of their remaining fixtures. I think Derbys run in is tough, but, if we play well and get the results then that could work in our favor in a momentum sense. 

I think we could beat them over two legs but I'd advocate caution. They have Snodgrass fit and firing on all cylinders now. He is a player that worries me. 

The potential Hull fixture frightens me, it would be typical Derby to absolutely pump them in the league like we have and struggle in the playoffs

the football league should give us a two goal advantage for how weve performed in the league against them

its only fair  

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yeah, looks like it now. One more win needed for us to clinch a top 6 spot.

Mind you, football throws up the most unlikely results so we need to stay concentrated and keep playing well.

Who'd have thought Liverpool would have come back v Dortmund or Forest would have held Rotherham? Crazy, crazy game....

Top post, uttoxeterram75. :o

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

They have a game in hand and a much easier run in than us although their form has been patchy of late. Could see them drawing or losing at least one of their remaining fixtures. I think Derbys run in is tough, but, if we play well and get the results then that could work in our favor in a momentum sense. 

I think we could beat them over two legs but I'd advocate caution. They have Snodgrass fit and firing on all cylinders now. He is a player that worries me. 

Derby's run in is perfect for sizing up the opposition and getting a psychological advantage.

6 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Yes,but come the playoffs a certain mr Hughes will be getting fitter,I'm getting a little flutter in my belly,Brighton are us and we are qpr.formwise.

Archived