Todays performance (Bolton)

Jon_Grooves

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton are poor but we put our performance in again. Over the last 2 games we have played with passion and enthusiasm. Its brilliant to see. We need to be positive. Good games and bad... Even world class teams more skilled than ours have shocking games..

I think it was about right.

5 or 6 would have been more just.

Derby scored 2 belters from distance, one via a deflection, Ince scored in what I thouight was his hardest chance of the 3 or 4 efforts he had. For example He missed two one and ones where he appeared he had rounded the goalkeeper.

So you could easily say we missed some sitters in addtion to the goals we scored from half chances.

I think they were pretty bad, and our allround play was really good. Final 3rd decision in and around the box should have yielded more goals and refusing to shoot on site, instead always trying to play one more pass when it wasnt really on - is kinda par for Derby thought right?

The most dominant performance for ages. We played well, but they'd arrived waiting to get beat. No fight, no belief, no plan.

Could (should?) have been 6 or 7, but we were so little troubled that we never needed to hit top gear to win at a canter.

Neatly done, move on.

Moved the ball at pace, sharp quick touches.

Bolton were nice enough to give us the ball back easily which obviously encourages us but if anything the scoreline flattered them.

The only joy they had came from sticking the giant donkey upfront and kicking it to his head. And they didn't get much jot out of that. 

Very McClaren like today.

Bryson and Martin, wingers and Martin.

Butterfield the go to guy finding the ball that sets others loose. 

Thorne cleaning up, supporting play and pulling rabbits out of hats when needed.

Ince had fun. He frustrated some folks but he was full of ideas and variation. Great to see him look stress free. 

Ince for me should be the player we build around, make him our centre piece should we fail to get up this season. Any club in this league would want Ince in their side, he's a 15-20 goal a season winger if the side plays to his strength. 

Bryson is the engine, Martin is the hold up king, Hughes the passing machine, Thorne the shield, Ince the dazzler, the core of this side is very good. 

1 hour ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I couldnt listen or go today. The score line looks good, but how did we play? Was the score line a reflection of the performance or are bolton just really bad? Can we have more optimism again?

Dominant - could have had 10.

BBC stats Derby 70% possession, 25 shots (8 on target) to Bolton 8 (2 on target), must have missed a few of theirs myself.

Totally dominant, against a pub fouling parks team I.m.o. If this was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it. But the Rams made it look easy at times, could have had an hat full.

Same again against Charlton please.

Defensively Bolton were awful. 

However,  for the 2nd time in a week we were pressing high up the pitch and pinching the ball. Bryson leading the way 

The most pleasing thing for me is the way we are flying forward at pace again and the front 5 are interchanging positions.

Previously any counter attack involved 2 forwards against 5 defenders. Now, the attacker looks up and see's Bryson, Russell, Ince, Martin and even Hughes breaking their neck to get into the box. 

Brilliant to watch, I dont fear anyone in the play offs playing like today. 

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys with nearly 3k going down to chalton we need have whole away end rocking. And cheer our lads to the win. Which could be enough to seal our play off place.

I think what we need to get the win need to play like we did against hall playing fast hit and move football on the ground but some long direct

Balls upto martin or in chase after but when we do not have the ball we need close the gaps when oppsetion is attacking which we did so well against hull. The more we pratice this the better. But when we do get the ball oppersition pressing us that when need to pass the ball on the move so this makes them change there shape. Making opening for tom ince Russell and martin.

Archived