Finishing spot

Ovis aries

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will too. 

How the hell can a team with...

Christie, Keogh, Olsson, Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Ince, Martin and Russell not be able to move a ball about at pace, create chances and score goals never mind win games. 

All season it's felt like a proper slog just to score a single goal. 

And now we're conceding sloppy ones. 

We're not good at possession.

What are we exactly? What's our style? 

We look like a jack of all trades, master of none midtable team saved only by the occasional quality of individuals that most the league don't have.

Just now, Alpha said:

Christie, Keogh, Olsson, Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Butterfield, Ince, Martin and Russell not be able to move a ball about at pace, create chances and score goals never mind win games. 

We've never had all of those players on the pitch at the same time - 7 of those at most at any given moment.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think we will too. 

How the hell can a team with...

All season it's felt like a proper slog just to score a single goal. 

And now we're conceding sloppy ones. 

We're not good at possession.

What are we exactly? What's our style? 

We look like a jack of all trades, master of none midtable team saved only by the occasional quality of individuals that most the league don't have.

Whole place just feels devoid of any energy. There's no real purpose it's all very 'safe' for want of a better word. Teams know that we can pass it about our back 4 and they can hit us with a set piece or a rely on a defensive error.

Zzz

I think we'll finish 8th.

The sad thing is even if we do finish in the top 6 I can't see us generating 3 outstanding performances in the playoffs I really can't we couldnt even get a head of steam up for our local rivals at home the other week all the talk about getting into the Top 6 is a totally moot point 

I agree with most of the above, we look devoid of energy, we have no real plan and recently we have played terrible. Some players even look unintrested and look like they cant be bothered.

but what i cant understand is this... Why do some players look so unmotivated and not interested?. 

We are in 6th with 7 games left. In my opinion 7 cup finals. Thrn its the lottery of playoffs and then on the verge of the suposed best league in the world.

For some of our lads its the first time they'd play in the prem for others its probably their last opportunity to play there or the only opportunity they will get. How can a professional footballer so close to the end of the season look so disinterested and not motivated. 

Im not saying win every game or even win the playoffs & go up but id have thought the prospect of this would have our lads running about busting a gut trying everything they can to get there instead of putting in such lacklustre dreary performances... Its honestly pathetic   

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I agree with most of the above, we look devoid of energy, we have no real plan and recently we have played terrible. Some players even look unintrested and look like they cant be bothered.

but what i cant understand is this... Why do some players look so unmotivated and not interested?. 

We are in 6th with 7 games left. In my opinion 7 cup finals. Thrn its the lottery of playoffs and then on the verge of the suposed best league in the world.

For some of our lads its the first time they'd play in the prem for others its probably their last opportunity to play there or the only opportunity they will get. How can a professional footballer so close to the end of the season look so disinterested and not motivated. 

Im not saying win every game or even win the playoffs & go up but id have thought the prospect of this would have our lads running about busting a gut trying everything they can to get there instead of putting in such lacklustre dreary performances... Its honestly pathetic   

Totally agree the result against Forest glossed over what was an extremely insipid and pedestrian performance at home no spark or passion 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Nice response. Must have taken ages to think up that.

I reckon we'll finish 6th or 7th but, either way, playing in the championship next season. 

I know B4 before this forum every existed,

do not  not buy too far  into the package.

He is harmless, like me, leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Am I being thick is there some kind of hidden meaning in his username B4ev6is or is it just random as I suspected 

he is a real person and the username is based on his name.

and for the record for those of you who still cling the hes a WUM idea so you feel okay mocking him he isn't, he is a real person.

Archived