Mossack Fonseca

Bingy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only took about 4 goes but Cameron finally admits he made 30k from this.... I'm sure Mr Corbyn will get blamed somewhere... 

Well done to the journalists for sniffing it out. What happens next one wonders. But then again who is squeaky clean across the political spectrum and although it's not the sort of thing I think is moral what do you say if it is permitted under the law ? 

Best we could do is say practise what you preach ? Anyone paid cash for anything to get a discount ? .. Personally I think it's dreadful that a national leader needs to engage in this sort of thing but is it corrupt or is it just canny ? Do we accept our players winning a dodgy free kick with a cheeky grin but call the oposition cheats and bay for blood when they do the same thing ? Can you take a client out for lunch or give him a pen ?

for me it's about scale and intent.. I knew an industrial buyer many years ago when the Christmas gift thing was rife .. He said a bottle of scotch at Christmas is most welcome but a case goes back and they never come through the door again. 

Life is full of grey areas 

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Five statements of denial and now he admits it, it's well documented that Cameron is liar, so his belated admission comes as little surprise.  

We're all in it together though, remember? BigSoc, people working for free so the rich don't have to pay their way.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Five statements of denial and now he admits it, it's well documented that Cameron is liar, so his belated admission comes as little surprise.  

"He added: "I paid income tax on the dividends but there was a profit on it but that was less than the capital gains tax allowance, so I didn't pay capital gains tax"

Pretty convenient eh? Just below Capital Gains Tax but still an average-ish UK salary that he made for doing nothing, on the back of his father's tax avoidance.

You know what we're all thinking - don't be surprised if this gets outed as another lie, and the truth is a much larger sum.

Seems pretty implausible that he would go to all the trouble of setting up an offshore trust for the sake of £30k..

Plus the euphemistic "I had shares which I sold in 2010" actually means, my father set up the trust offshore to avoid tax and when he died in 2010  - my brother and I inherited the proceeds.

The new series of Have I Got News For You is being recorded tonight for transmission tomorrow night, I think they will have a great time with this, could probably devote the whole programme to it.

If the BBC were really on the case, they'd have Jimmy Carr on one of the teams maybe Gary Barlow on the other, bet Cameron wouldn't Sky+ that. 

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Seems pretty implausible that he would go to all the trouble of setting up an offshore trust for the sake of £30k..

Plus the euphemistic "I had shares which I sold in 2010" actually means, my father set up the trust offshore to avoid tax and when he died in 2010  - my brother and I inherited the proceeds.

It's a private matter, Put up or shut up, etc, etc.

Now it's 5000 units in Blairmore worth £30,000 disposed of in 2010. 

Seems legit :huh: 

The 5000 units must have been in the Panama version of the fund. It moved to Ireland in 2012, I wonder what naughty little secrets are hiding away in the land of Guinness?

Will he now declare himself "morally bankrupt"?

21 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Dave and his government have preached that austerity is the only way. It appears its the only way because the ******* have taken all the money out of our country and stuck it in a foreign country that does not contribute to the greater good.

If I pay a chap £200 to fix my roof cash in hand, then i'm cheating, yet in a way, i'm not, because that chap will spend his £200 in my local pub, newsagent, betting shop,  The £200 will slosh about in the local economy. OK, it may not be taxed but it will be spent in my town.

When the rich hide their billions in tax havens that money is taken out of circulation. It benefits no one. The people who sneak their cash out of the system don't actually spend it, they don't need it. They're already rich beyond most people's imaginations so they're wealth is not put back into the market it was taken from.

Sort of but it has a lot of flawed logic. You could equally say when you buy a Samsung TV you send all that money to Korea and what good does that do ? And you think when you buy a Particular car you are keeping British workers in jobs .. Well yes but the brakes, the electronics lumps of the the suspension the castings, forgings, wiring harness are all made by blokes a long way away. So that car company could be equally critisised for taking money where it doesn't help us. And if some snotty banker has filled his boots at the expense of the tax man ( Us) then isn't he spending the money on roofers and flashy bathroom companies for his holiday home in Padstowe. ? 

I don't like sleezy financial games played by anyone but we can't operate double standards. If the PM's past dealings have avoided tax legally then in reality we can only moan about sanctimonious politicians ... What we should be doing is drawing up better laws. 

A dive is a dive whether it's Wayne Rooney in a cup final or someone you've never heard of at Gresley Rovers in the Unibond league. And as to scale .. yes big money in a big avoidance scheme used by 100's of sleezy bags ... Versus millions of small cash jobs by us .. Result is the same. Ahhh it's only a few quid don't get excited ... So what do you think all those 4.99. / month Amazon memberships add up to and why do all those companies want you to "join by direct debit" micro payment = the revenue stream to build something big .. Exactly what the tax man wants from us.

yes hunt down the big bad boys I'm all for it but this holier than thou Toff hunting stuff doesn't wash. We are all at it one way or another. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

yes hunt down the big bad boys I'm all for it but this holier than thou Toff hunting stuff doesn't wash. We are all at it one way or another. 

Difference is we're not the one saying all in it together, pushing austerity as the necessary way forward and criticising people on the take who are critical of our politics and ignoring (partaking?) abuses by our political allies. I hope he gets hounded out for his double standards.

10 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Difference is we're not the one saying all in it together, pushing austerity as the necessary way forward and criticising people on the take who are critical of our politics and ignoring (partaking?) abuses by our political allies. I hope he gets hounded out for his double standards.

Absolutely - Jono's comment about "holier than thou toff-hunting" is just indicative of our national inferiority complex that I mentioned yesterday. Even though we know we should be holding them to account - we still feel guilty and made to feel bad about questioning our lords and masters.

On 06/04/2016 at 00:29, uttoxram75 said:

If I pay a chap £200 to fix my roof cash in hand, then i'm cheating, yet in a way, i'm not, because that chap will spend his £200 in my local pub, newsagent, betting shop,  The £200 will slosh about in the local economy. OK, it may not be taxed but it will be spent in my town.

Except that you don't know that. At least if tax is paid on it, you know for sure that some of it will be benefiting those who n eed it. If he doesn't pay his fair share of tax it means that you have to pay more.

I agree with most of what you said but it is cheating and in no way better than the rich hiding their money from the taxman. The rules have to apply to everyone and it's not OK to cheat the system just because you're not a millionaire. If the rules don't work - change them, don't ignore them.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Absolutely - Jono's comment about "holier than thou toff-hunting" is just indicative of our national inferiority complex that I mentioned yesterday. Even though we know we should be holding them to account - we still feel guilty and made to feel bad about questioning our lords and masters.

It isn't that Stive. I want any wide boy well and truely nailed. My gripe is that so many on the left assume that if you are wealthy and educated privately then you must be a cheat, a con man or a bully. The truth is that sharp practice crosses class and education boundaries from top to bottom. ... You will have gathered that I am not left wing but that is primarily down to realising that sums have to add up not because I lack integrity, compassion or common decency. It's my experience that both sides have their cow boys, bullies cheats and power hungry manipulators. It is something that a proportion of the left just refuses to acknowledge. The right on the other hand keep quiet about their bad crew because they know they have them and so do we. Plenty of folk including me rage about the criminal misbehaviour in the banking sector they are soft targets .. Everyone hates them. But Jack Straw got off pretty lightly with his paid for lobbying didn't he ? The left want to tell me what to do and how to run my life and will be very happy to pass laws to limit ordinary everyday behaviour. The right tend to leave me alone as long as they can line their pockets. I am much more frightened by potential lords and masters on the left than I am of a few greedy politicos lining their pockets. 

So I was right after all then - Fiddler.

But of course, as far as Cameron was concerned, he was just following the family tradition.

The timing couldn't be worse for Cameron. Most of his party want him gone as he's fronting the 'in' campaign. If Labour push hard, he'll go, because he'd lose a confidence vote.

Boris will be PM in the next few weeks - which is probably going to be even worse.

Archived