Another one gone

King Kevin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Yes its still only March , and already this year Terry Wogan,   Paul Daniels, Ronnie Corbett from the light entertainment world , plus Bowie , Lemmy, Glenn Frey and George Martin from the music world and Cruyff from the football world to name just a few. The Grim Reaper is working overtime. 

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Boycie said:

I was thinking only the other day if he was still alive, I was getting mixed up with ernie wise, 

so now both classic 1970's double acts are playing to packed houses in the great veriety act in the sky.

god bless

The other classic 1970 double act being  Brian Clough and Peter Taylor?

On 3/31/2016 at 21:34, philmycock said:

I'm at that age now where all my childhood favourites are either dying or getting banged up for kiddy fiddling, sad

Sad indeed.

Comedy seemed a much gentler, family friendly thing back then. Revisiting the Two Ronnies shows reveals how clever they were at hiding slightly risque innuendo to amuse the adults viewers while the children watching would be unaware.

4 hours ago, Ewetube said:

Sad indeed.

Comedy seemed a much gentler, family friendly thing back then. Revisiting the Two Ronnies shows reveals how clever they were at hiding slightly risque innuendo to amuse the adults viewers while the children watching would be unaware.

The beauty of their comedy was just how clever it was, how well thought out. The mastermind sketch is genius but never having to be crude or outright offensive.

Archived