Damned United | Derby Theatre | 7th - 16th April 2016

Day

I have been asked by Derby Theatre to let you know they have a Red Ladder and West Yorkshire Playhouse's production of The Damned United coming to their theatre on Thursday 7 - Saturday 16 April. The show follows Brian Clough's journey from his beloved Derby County to Leeds United, and is adapted from David Peace's novel, and stars Andrew Lancel as the charismatic and controversial Brian Clough.

https://www.derbytheatre.co.uk/damned-united

Thursday 7th April 7.30pm
Friday 8th April 7.30pm
Saturday 9th April 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Tuesday 12th April 7.30pm
Wednesday 13th April 2.30pm & 7.30pm
Thursday 14th April 7.30pm
Friday 15th April 7.30pm
Saturday 16th April 2.30pm & 7.30pm

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

The book is an insult to Clough. Peter Morgan who adapted it for the film did well in salvaging something from it, but if the play's based on Pease's book rather than Morgan's screenplay, I'm out.

Both the book and the film are excellent. I don't think that anyone depicted in either come out of it looking very good but it is only "based on real events" 

the "impression" that Sheen does of Clough in the film is incredible  

i would definitely be going if I could.

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The book is an insult to Clough. Peter Morgan who adapted it for the film did well in salvaging something from it, but if the play's based on Pease's book rather than Morgan's screenplay, I'm out.

Some of the book is magnificent (the Derby match reports). Skip the rest.

Good afternoon all.  I've only registered (as Damned Damned Damned) as gesture of goodwill to you all to recommend DC fans go watch The Damned United which is visiting Derby soon.  Having just read some of the above comments maybe it's not such a good idea though :p

I'm not in it and have nothing to do with the play but having seen it, I think Rams fans will like it more than the film (which I thought was utter drivel but each to their own eh?) as it is a truer portrayal of Clough & Peter Taylor's relationship rather than the flick which is 'Carry On Clough' in all but name. 

All the best

DDD

On 25/03/2016 at 14:28, Damned Damned Damned said:

Good afternoon all.  I've only registered (as Damned Damned Damned) as gesture of goodwill to you all to recommend DC fans go watch The Damned United which is visiting Derby soon.  Having just read some of the above comments maybe it's not such a good idea though :p

I'm not in it and have nothing to do with the play but having seen it, I think Rams fans will like it more than the film (which I thought was utter drivel but each to their own eh?) as it is a truer portrayal of Clough & Peter Taylor's relationship rather than the flick which is 'Carry On Clough' in all but name. 

All the best

DDD

As you say you have nothing to do with the play, I have no reason not to believe your positive review of the production. Count me in. How much can you knock off the ticket price for forum members?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2016 at 23:23, bigbadbob said:

As you say you have nothing to do with the play, I have no reason not to believe your positive review of the production. Count me in. How much can you knock off the ticket price for forum members?

Excellent banter :lol:

Believe what you like mate, trying to spread a bit of positivity about a play I have diddly-squat connection with.

7 minutes ago, Damned Damned Damned said:

Believe what you like mate, trying to spread a bit of positivity about a play I have diddly-squat connection with.

You cheeky minx, you followed me on Twitter today.

yooooooou.

36 minutes ago, Damned Damned Damned said:

Yea of course pal. I can only apologise for doubting you. I'm presuming not all tickets have been sold for the remaining nights

Archived