Favourite ever Derby game at PP/IPRO

Mafiabob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After riding my bicycle alone for 2 weeks over mountain ranges and through 6 countries with the aim of getting to the game I would say....

Best game at the iPro stadium... Leeds this season.

Worst game at the iPro stadium... Leeds this season.

Most average game at the iPro stadium...Leeds this season.

Only game at the iPro Stadium...go on guess.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was a bit young to go to the game but that is still one of the greatest games for highlights I remember seeing on Wandchope of the Day.

The back heels between Wandhope and Baiano were sexy as foook.

Carsleys goal was special too.

It shows you how bad my memory is - I couldn't remember anything about the first half.

The gate was only 25625.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

It shows you how bad my memory is - I couldn't remember anything about the first half.

The gate was only 25625.

Everyone stayed till the end too

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

surprising how many people have picked the Southampton game....I didn't think we were EVER allowed to say anything nice about King Billy's team..? It was a great night...and a great team.

You're allowed to say it, and by the same token, the rest of us are allowed to laugh at you for being wrong. Southampton was a great night, it was far from a great team. I went to both of those play off semis and I assure you that Southampton were comfortably better than us and absolutely battered us over both legs. If it weren't for their rampant profligacy in front of goal they would've been out of sight well before fightbacks or penalty shoot outs ever came into play.

14 hours ago, Yani P said:

1997 Derby 4 - 0 Southampton 

We murdered then yet it was still 0-0 after 75 minutes beautiful football

It was part of a brilliant week:

24 Sep 1997 Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County W2-5 Premier League

27 Sep 1997 Derby County v Southampton W4-0 Premier League

01 Oct 1997 Derby County v Southend United W5-0 League Cup

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

surprising how many people have picked the Southampton game....I didn't think we were EVER allowed to say anything nice about King Billy's team..? It was a great night...and a great team.

Forest 5-0 will be forever in everyones memory, (by the way, if you actually watch it again now we weren't THAT good for big chunks of the game) what a great day/night/weekend that was. 40 of us came over from France and I think that from Thursday morning until Monday evening the only time we were not drinking was the 90 minutes of the game. Wow it hurt afterwards.!

For me the best game was Coventry at home in 2003...we lost 1-3...it was my sons first game...the day after he asked his mum "why does Daddy go to the football, it makes him really mad and he says that Derby are ****".....second favorite was when he asked the old lady next to him what a "girls blouse" was because Daddy had been calling Darryl Powell that.

TBF the Southamption semi was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at the Ipro, incredible noise from start to finish.  The team were bang average though ;) 

I know what you mean about the Forest game, I bought the DVD of it and we caught them on the break for 3 of the goals.  They wouldn't have scored if they'd played until the following week though.  

One of my faves was beating Bradford 2-0, but that was mainly due to being in a suite with (supposedly) limited free bar.  Imagine mine & my co-worker's surprise the following Weds when an exec took us to one side and produced a bar bill of £600 :o

1 hour ago, admira said:

It was part of a brilliant week:

24 Sep 1997 Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County W2-5 Premier League

27 Sep 1997 Derby County v Southampton W4-0 Premier League

01 Oct 1997 Derby County v Southend United W5-0 League Cup

Wednesday game was superb ..... Especially as we came from behind on a warm, sunny, evening. Highlight was Carbone storming off the pitch after a Wednesday player could not even throw the ball in to him properly. On half way, in front of dugouts, he literally walked off the pitch. Pure comedy ensued....as he was stopped, turned round and mightily shoved back on again. 

Carbone had worked tirelessly upto that point....genuinely felt sorry for him 

2 hours ago, admira said:

In recent years, Southampton home play off semi final

In days gone by, Ipswich 2 - 6 Rams at Portman Morgue. What a day that was for a local boy as a 10 year old

I was there! Franny Lee scored twice in his last match....thousands of Derby fans everywhere in Ipswich before the game, hundreds in the home end during the game....great days!

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was there! Franny Lee scored twice in his last match....thousands of Derby fans everywhere in Ipswich before the game, hundreds in the home end during the game....great days!

I was a ten year old Rams fan living in Ipswich. A Derby fan put me on his shoulders at the end of the game and walked me down Portman Road. Happy Days!

Archived