George Thorne

Rams1884

When asked about GT's fitness at the end of the post-match interview yesterday the waffle didn't sound to me that he answered in the most open and honest way. You could tell he was uncomfortable with the question. Wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye. Is he is actually fit but was pissed off that Hanson (aka Mel's love child) is getting a game ahead of him even though he is not fit to lace George's boots. Based on watching the whole midfield pile of drivel last night a half fit GT would have been better than that shower.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hindsight... 

Do you go to the games? GT has been off the pace for a while now. Wolves he was torrid. Can't just play a player because he has a reputation of being good despite being in bad form and fitness.

He didn't seem to like the question much, but my impression was that he took the question as an implied criticism of his team selection.

i would have picked hanson but by the sound of it he didn't turn up.

i think george needs a scan on those knees. I do wonder if he re-injured it last season after about 3 or 4 games back when he got hurt in a tackle and seemed very concerned afterwards. He was bent double, manipulating his knee, same as he did in austria. I would understand him trying to keep schtum and play with an injury after so long out, but if it needs more surgery then lets get on with it and have him back for xmas.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes. As normal fans we don't see it all day every day. The GT questioning was valid and the responses were negative in tone. God only knows what the body language was like - is it me or has DW been to the same school of communications as the Bluff? Anyway clearly the most likely issue is clashes are taking place off the field. People may think they are bigger than the club and that's why they are not getting picked. Of course this kind of assumption could be wrong. Either way Thorne is a class player with the right players around him - pace being one of them. You need your best players out there - if they are injured then that's fair enough but I don't get and accept the lack of fitness - either the players are not disciplined or the trainers are not doing their job - either way it's turning into a shambles. Interesting to observe from afar though :)

George Thorne has grown weary of his glorious duties and has gone away to renew himself.

He will come back under the name Sebastian Conor Doyle. So vote Mel for a third glorious decade of total law enforcement.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

He's had sex with someone, something

Or he's had a fight with Tom Ince. 

There's no chance he's unfit/injured. That would never happen to Thorne. 

Must be this, I heard Ince frowned in training yesterday- showing his total contempt for his team mates, must have had a fight with Thorne.

He's destroying the club I tells ya!

As said, he's looked unfit for a long time. The George Thorne who's played in recent games is a long way off one of our best players, in fact he's been one of our worst. He needs the rest.

14 hours ago, eddie said:

George Thorne has grown weary of his glorious duties and has gone away to renew himself.

He will come back under the name Sebastian Conor Doyle. So vote Mel for a third glorious decade of total law enforcement.

No wonder his passing accuracy is only 4%

There is no doubt that King George is not firing on all cylinders. Injury, fitness, weight ? Who knows, but there is some acceleration missing and a slowness to his feet and reactions. You can see it a mile away. The skill is there but there is something physically not quite right. He moves like an older player. Smooth but lacking that youthful bite .. Curious 

Just now, Anon said:

Why did Kate name the Royal babby after him? Is he the 22nd century Will Carling?

Uh, he's not named after George Thorne, god Derby fans are so delusional. She named him after George R R Martin - huge fan of Game of Thrones.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Uh, he's not named after George Thorne, god Derby fans are so delusional. She named him after George R R Martin - huge fan of Game of Thrones.

Fun fact, George Red Rocket Martin actually originally penned Game of Thornes as an unofficial biography on the Chatham based dynasty, but was forced to do a last minute edit after the family sued him for defamation.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

It's after Charlie George you know... Anyone wants to dispute that then it's back of the bike sheds after school time!! 

Archived