Craig Bryson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Even i throught shut you ***** who was booing when bryson came on.

Think it wasn't aimed at Bryson and it was aimed at Wassall. 

9 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I sit in the east stand, towards the north east corner, and the booing was very obvious (and coming from Derby fans).

I stand corrected then Dunc!

From where I was in the SS all you could hear was applause for Butters, boos from the Udders, then several attempts to get the Bryson song going.

There was no way of knowing from our position that any Derby fans were unhappy with the substitutions.

Those who did boo, Eddie has summed it up about raite.....

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, in my opinion, and in Stevie, Clements and Wassals too by the looks of it 

Well hardly McClaren's as he was probably the most played midfielder until injury put him out near the end of the season. I'm really not going to be swayed by Clement's footballing selections either. Swayed heavily by spending an eye watering amount on two midfielders I'd imagine. 

All I know is we played our best football in the last 10 years with Bryson in the starting XI (in my opinion :thumbsup:)

How can you judge him on a 20 minute appearance as a substitute yesterday against an average side  

You have to judge him over a period of time in games playing 90 minutes  same as Russell  

He did well when he came on yesterday but the game was effectively  won by the time Butterfield was substituted.  

I can't make too many games but was there yesterday. I thought the 11 that finished looked good. That said, I thought Hanson was excellent and looks a real prospect. If he keeps playing like that, we won't miss George too much if he needs to miss a few along the way. What about that tackle! The Huddersfield Lad didn't know what hit him!

I agree you can't judge everything in a 20 minute cameo appearance but Bryson adds much needed energy and seemed to pop up everywhere. I like him and hopes he starts for a while now (as long as he is fit enough).

Wassall got his substitutions right yesterday but I was a bit unsure about them at the time .

Bryson did look fitter than he has for a while and gave us energy and Russell was a super sub yesterday. 

Thought Butterfield played well though and is better defensively than Bryson but I've always said its a squad game. 

Well done Darren but the next team selection will be interesting and I hope you get it right .

9 points out of 15 is pretty good since Wassall became manager .

Archived