Craig Bryson

This guy makes a good number of our other players come alive. How many other supporters knew his energy would bring the game to life today?

When we've played some of our best football in the past few years, Bryson was one of the main men and that will be no different to this season if he is given a run of games.

One of the main reasons we didn't win at Wembley was because he was dropped to the bench.

Step forward Mr Bryson and take this team by the scruff of the neck and show us what we've missed.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

This guy makes a good number of our other players come alive. How many other supporters knew his energy would bring the game to life today?

When we've played some of our best football in the past few years, Bryson was one of the main men and that will be no different to this season if he is given a run of games.

One of the main reasons we didn't win at Wembley was because he was dropped to the bench.

Step forward Mr Bryson and take this team by the scruff of the neck and show us what we've missed.

What he said ^

4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Exactly what he said but the total opposite opinion.

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I agree with most of that apart from the Wembley bit, I always remember qpr going down to ten men and Dawkins coming on for Hughes I think, surely bamford should have been on the pitch at that point! ( frustration remains) 

Just now, Sparkle said:

I agree with most of that apart from the Wembley bit, I always remember qpr going down to ten men and Dawkins coming on for Hughes I think, surely bamford should have been on the pitch at that point! ( frustration remains) 

Bryson was one of our main men that season with many goals and if he'd been on the pitch from the start I think we would have created much more, but that is all in the past and we'll never know.

With Bryson possibly coming back in the frame and also Hughes coming back for the run in then I become more positive.

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Should have started today instead of Hendrick.

As much as I don't rate Hendrick a midfield 3 of Butterfield, Bryson and Hanson is way to lightweight and completely unbalanced. Thought it was wrong of the fans to boo wassall for the substitution today we'd of been left far too open if Hendrick had of came off. If Thornes on the pitch Bryson and Butterfield could work. 

10 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Should have started today instead of Hendrick.

So easy to say something like that in hindsight but as someone else has just pointed out a midfield of Bryson, Hanson and Butterfield is toto lightweight.

For me, the one midfielder who needs to sort out his game/fitness ASAP is Throne.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

As much as I don't rate Hendrick a midfield 3 of Butterfield, Bryson and Hanson is way to lightweight and completely unbalanced. Thought it was wrong of the fans to boo wassall for the substitution today we'd of been left far too open if Hendrick had of came off. If Thornes on the pitch Bryson and Butterfield could work. 

I think the best midfield we have at the club is Thorne, Hendrick and Bryson.

Butterfield is good, he will do a good job but seems to slow play down a bit. 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So easy to say something like that in hindsight but as someone else has just pointed out a midfield of Bryson, Hanson and Butterfield is toto lightweight.

For me, the one midfielder who needs to sort out his game/fitness ASAP is Throne.

That's Wassalls struggle you leave Thorne out you must play Hanson (thought he was excellent again today) but you play Hanson and you have to leave out one of Bryson or Butterfield. It's hard because our 433 formation requires a balanced midfield but players such as Hanson Bryson and Butterfield are all making a case for a first team place. 

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I heard on the radio about the boos on the substitution.

it was the Huddersfield fans booing and singing what a waste of money.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

That's Wassalls struggle you leave Thorne out you must play Hanson (thought he was excellent again today) but you play Hanson and you have to leave out one of Bryson or Butterfield. It's hard because our 433 formation requires a balanced midfield but players such as Hanson Bryson and Butterfield are all making a case for a first team place. 

I think that Bryson is the easiest one of those to leave out as he offers the least.

1 minute ago, FrostedRam said:

I heard on the radio about the boos on the substitution.

it was the Huddersfield fans booing and singing what a waste of money.

I was in the south stand it was a number of our fans singing you don't know what your doing and booing because he brought Butterfield off. 

33 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I think he will play more often under DW and by the end of the month Will Hughes would have a couple of games under his progress with the U21s. So we could see him on the bench by 2nd of April, and providing there is no injuries, what a battle fo r midfield places. They will all have to up their game which would be a bonus for the team.

Archived