bbc.co.uk/football

Anon

Will they ever **** off with their shitty site redesign? I have contracted eye cancer from their buzzfeed inspired homepage. Dear BBC I am not a moron and I don't suffer from ADD, so I am quite capable of understanding or being interested in an article from a headline alone and do not need you to plaster pointless pictures all over the page. Oh and thanks for removing some of the filter options from the sidebar. I really hated being able to find information I wanted quickly without having to go to another page. Great job!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2016 at 17:02, Anon said:

Will they ever **** off with their shitty site redesign? I have contracted eye cancer from their buzzfeed inspired homepage. Dear BBC I am not a moron and I don't suffer from ADD, so I am quite capable of understanding or being interested in an article from a headline alone and do not need you to plaster pointless pictures all over the page. Oh and thanks for removing some of the filter options from the sidebar. I really hated being able to find information I wanted quickly without having to go to another page. Great job!

The Creative Director of UX at the BBC is one of my best mates. I'll pass on your feedback. ;)

20 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I can't locate the championship button on the football page, I know this league is insignificant to most but I do like to find my team.

Scroll down past the pointless photos.

Keep scrolling down.

Scroll down past the pointlessly large "Gossip" logo.

Scroll down past the videos that are so large they look like they're embedded, but they're actually links.

Scroll down past the features section.

Scroll down past Lawro's prediction game against a z list "celebrity".

Scroll down past news from the very well supported and hugely important Welsh and Northern Irish leagues.

If you've avoided developing carpal tunnel syndrome then you can finally click on the link to the championship homepage. This set of links, laid out neatly and clearly with no bloody pictures, is literally the only useful thing on the entire page and it is buried under a mountain of crap.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Scroll down past the pointless photos.

Keep scrolling down.

Scroll down past the pointlessly large "Gossip" logo.

Scroll down past the videos that are so large they look like they're embedded, but they're actually links.

Scroll down past the features section.

Scroll down past Lawro's prediction game against a z list "celebrity".

Scroll down past news from the very well supported and hugely important Welsh and Northern Irish leagues.

If you've avoided developing carpal tunnel syndrome then you can finally click on the link to the championship homepage. This set of links, laid out neatly and clearly with no bloody pictures, is literally the only useful thing on the entire page and it is buried under a mountain of crap.

What he says.

Then bookmark it.

if I was designing that site I would be very disappointed, no clarity or ease of use, if I wanted any other league than the premier league its not clear, you lose % of your custom per click and I would prefer to click out and use an easier landing page, score 2/10

Archived