Starting to think Wassall is the man for us .

Curtains

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, loughboroughRAM said:

disagree, we won twice since Clement left. Whatever way you look at it that is an improvement of not winning at all

Not winning at all? So we weren't top of the league under Clement in December? A bad run of 8 games some of which we had spells of good play but we were unable to take advantage. Mel has been very fortunate we nicked two wins to take the pressure off him IMO, the performances were still awful.

We were top under Clement on Boxing Day!Yes he might have made some poor tactical decisions but  has lost two games against mediocre opposition when a draw should have been the bare minimum. Clement only lost 5 games out of 30. Wassall isn't the answer and never was

Annoyed we beat blackburn and brentford now with two obvious fake wins. This may have been the final nail in his coffin.

he is utter tripe and his interview was useless again.

But hey ho, their all having a day out on monday according to dw so happy days...

9 minutes ago, loughboroughRAM said:

disagree, we won twice since Clement left. Whatever way you look at it that is an improvement of not winning at all

lougboroughRAM -- can't tell so I feel I should clarify: Were you just trying to be sarcastic, when you said it was an "improvement"?

Just thought I am obliged to get a clarification from you before I ridicule.

2 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

Annoyed we beat blackburn and brentford now with two obvious fake wins. This may have been the final nail in his coffin.

he is utter tripe and his interview was useless again.

But hey ho, their all having a day out on monday according to dw so happy days...

What is a "real win"?

32 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Not winning at all? So we weren't top of the league under Clement in December? A bad run of 8 games some of which we had spells of good play but we were unable to take advantage. Mel has been very fortunate we nicked two wins to take the pressure off him IMO, the performances were still awful.

I can't comment on the performances as I wasn't fortunate to be at the games, but the radio and other peoples comments said that vs Brentford we played well and were denied on multiple occasions by the keeper being inspired, the highlights backed this up. You can't seriously expect an inexperienced manager (DW) to come in and immediately have us playing like Bayern when you consider the situation we were in? I agree today was a total disappointment but at least give him a chance to figure things out - its only been 4 games ffs! Im not advocating the long term appointment of DW as head coach but at least since Clement left theres been some renewed optimism, although it appears to have been short lived

32 minutes ago, HKRam said:

lougboroughRAM -- can't tell so I feel I should clarify: Were you just trying to be sarcastic, when you said it was an "improvement"?

Just thought I am obliged to get a clarification from you before I ridicule.

well considering we won twice since PC left having not won this calendar year, regardless of opponents and performances in my eyes its an improvement. as i alluded to in another comment, at least give him a couple more games before writing him off, don't forget the group  of players he inherited were shockingly low on confidence

@loughboroughRAM with our players we should be turning over teams like Brentford. Had we not cleared one off the line and ran up the other end to score we'd of lost. It's fine margins that IMO clement was on the unlucky side of in that run. I'd like nothing more than Wassall to do well, but now isn't the time for an in expierienced manager to play with a team that should be getting out of this league. As I mentioned in another thread I don't blame Wassall I feel for him, it's Mels **** up. 

In years to come Clement will be seen as being worse for us than P0rnstar. Spent a fortune like PJ, made us worse than when he started like PJ, dire football like PJ. Only difference is that PJ didn't completely f*ck up a decent squad that he started with. Then again.....Clement at least didn't indulge in amateur movie making.....as far as we know....:ph34r:

Saw match on sky. 

We looked slow all around the park. 2 and 3 touches and no movement. 

We were told recently of fitness concerns weren't we? So obviously we should play all the same players 3 times in a week. If the conditioning hasindeed been poor then that is not a quick fix.

However the tactics also looked poorly thought through. Replacing Thorne and dropping Butterfield back to cdm didn't work at all and from having the initiative from early in second half we gave it back and we're increasingly on back foot.

Even worse than slow and unfit though we looked powder puff all over the park. Wolves repeatedly made us look mugs with simple 1-2's and we had no answer. 

Desperately disappointing once again. When we get confronted by teams who are "up for it" we have no answer,  no response and no cojones. 

Archived