The 4 games

Mafiabob

That I think will decide where we end up in the promotion chase:

Wendies H

Taffies A

Ull H

Brighton A

Yes I know the cliches one game at a time etc.... But these teams are in and around the mix too... Big games there and some big swings I points totals come end of season depending on what we do against these. 

Out of interest who do the other contenders have to play in top 8? 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That I think will decide where we end up in the promotion chase:

Wendies H

Taffies A

Ull H

Brighton A

Yes I know the cliches one game at a time etc.... But these teams are in and around the mix too... Big games there and some big swings I points totals come end of season depending on what we do against these. 

Out of interest who do the other contenders have to play in top 8? 

Our recent form would say each game is a tough one. 

One good thing is all the top teams are playing each other. 

I saw Bruce was whinging about Hulls fixture 'pile up'. After all these years, he's surprised that teams play a lot of games. D1ck. What I will say though is that they have some challenging league games in the next 30 days. If they get through that in the top 2, they're laughing.

Like last year, I think the form teams will go up. We have a chance.

Our recent form would say each game is a tough one. 

One good thing is all the top teams are playing each other. 

I saw Bruce was whinging about Hulls fixture 'pile up'. After all these years, he's surprised that teams play a lot of games. D1ck. What I will say though is that they have some challenging league games in the next 30 days. If they get through that in the top 2, they're laughing.

Sat, 13 Feb - Blackburn 0-2 Hull    Thur, 3 March - Birmingham (a)
Tues, 16 Feb - Hull 0-0 Brighton    Tues, 8 March - Brentford (h)
Sat, 20 Feb - Arsenal 0-0 Hull    Sat, 12 March - MK Dons (h)
Tues, 23 Feb - Ipswich (a)    Tues, 15 March - Nott'm Forest (h)
Fri, 26 Feb - Sheff Wed (h)    Fri, 18 March - Middlesbrough (a)

They have a solid defence though and he can always rely on his thug of a son to step in when required. If I was a footballer I'd want to nutmeg him all day til he's floundering on the floor upside down like a dung beetle.

Like last year, I think the form teams will go up. We have a chance.

In answer to your question Mafia, here's the fixtures involving the top 9. Birmingham and Ipswich in 8th and 9th have a game in hand each which could take them to 2 points from the play-offs, so very much all to play for in the top 9:

Tues 23 Feb: Ipswich v Hull; Boro v Cardiff

Fri 26 Feb: Hull v Sheff Wed

Thur 3 March: Birmingham v Hull

Tues 8 March: Brighton v Sheff Wed

Sat 12 March: Cardiff v Ipswich

Fri 18 March: Boro v Hull

Sat 2 April: Brighton v Burnley; Cardiff v Derby

Tues 5 April: Birmingham v Brighton; Derby v Hull

Sat 16 April: Birmingham v Burnley; Sheff Wed v Ipswich

Tues 19 April: Burnley v Boro

Sat 23 April: Derby v Sheff Wed; Boro v Ipswich

Sat 30 April: Birmingham v Boro; Brighton v Derby; Sheff Wed v Cardiff

Sat 7 May: Cardiff v Birmingham; Derby v Ipswich; Boro v Brighton

The league is more complex and unpredictable than just the current top 9. 

Teams go on little runs and hit bits of form. It's alot harder for the likes of Rotherham and Charlton, but even they and Bolton can pull off results and take points of any team. The desire of the players to pull off results and stay up Is sometimes strong enough for struggling teams to beat teams under pressure at the top. As we have found. 

Preston are currently on a great little run. The Red Dogs won't have given up all hope of a play off spot. That chance is enough for their managers to inspire the players to pull off results. 

Long way to go yet. Alot can go wrong or swing the right way for a number of teams. Suddenly the momentum slips away, or hopefully is reborn in our case.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry, is it official that we are not **** anymore? I really am struggling to keep up these days.

We've officially joined Wassall in his delight, until the next match, where even if we are gash, he'll still be delighted even if we're not delighted. Enlighted?

Under Clements best spell, from Preston to Wendies which was 14 games, we managed to pick up 33 pts!

87 pts I reckon could be enough for top 2, because it's still close at the moment, we would need to beat Hull and Brighton in those games, to keep their tally down.

Anything is possible, Hull still tied up in the cup, fixture pile up and still to play Ipswich, Wednesday, Brum, Boro and Rams, all that still have a chance of promotion. Middlesboro that have not won for 5 games, still have Cardiff, Hull, Burnley, Ipswich, Brum and Brighton to play.  Burnley who are on a good run, can they keep it up. Are they due a bad run ? Still to play Brighton, Cardiff, Brum and Boro.  Brighton  who have won very few games by more than 1 goal difference still to play Wednesday, Burnley, Brum, Boro and Rams.  Sheff Weds  who have lost the most games out the current 6, still have to play Hull, Brighton, Ipswich, Cardiff and Rams.  I have only listed the current top 6 teams fixtures against the top 9 teams they still have to play.

I think the current top 6 will end up as the teams in them top 6 places, what order, who knows. Which teams can put a good run together right to the end of the season. Who will bottle it in the big games. Which teams will suffer major injuries to key players. Yes even with 14 to 15 games to play, there will be lots of twists and turns. I love this League and if we do get promotion, I will miss it.  COME ON YOU RAMS

Archived