They've done their bit, time for fans to back them.

Mostyn6

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, not blaming Wassall for the season............but I don't buy into replacing one inexperienced coach for another with even less experience.

Makes no sense what so ever, especially when our season could have still gone onwards and upwards last week........

Just a shame we have gone back 12 mths, so lets see where we finish in May?

but that is my point too, you are somehow relating experience to success when they don't go hand in hand, if an experienced manager succeeds, OR fails, it's merely coincidental, and the same with inexperienced. They have to learn at sometime.

We haven't gone back 12 months at all, Wassall could have a little run of 5 wins and all of a sudden, we are in a great position.

It's my belief that lack of experience was nothing to do with Clement struggling.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, not blaming Wassall for the season............but I don't buy into replacing one inexperienced coach for another with even less experience.

Makes no sense what so ever, especially when our season could have still gone onwards and upwards last week........

Just a shame we have gone back 12 mths, so lets see where we finish in May?

So you ask one question asking are we better off now... Then in the next answer you give you say let's wait and see till EOS....

make your mind up if you're either RoyMac or Toddy! :D

27 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's the thing Vulcan. A few look like they need "sorting" Is Darren up to that or is he possibly too close or too junior in their eyes?

Not sure about too close. Certainly his lack of experience and lack of first team involvement is a threat and is always the risk with some players who have played in the Premier League and are no doubt on a big whack. For senior players who aren't getting selected and no doubt thinking "who the hell are you?" it's going to be a difficult situation to manage.

Is he up to it? We'll know that in the next month or so! Let's hope so!

Pep Guardiola had no first team experience before being appointed Barca coach and didnt do a bad job considering he'd only managed the youth set up before hand

jose mourinho was an interpreter, paisley a physio and brendan rodgers won two of his first 10 games at watford and was sacked by reading. 

Not saying wassall is pep or anything like that but you never know he might just do an alright job give him until the end of the season & see the answer to our problemsmight be under out noses. 

if we do go for an experienced replacement it doesnt guarentee anything.

moyes needed time at everton nearly took them down twice, failed at man u and failed in spain

rodgers failed at reading, great at swansea mediocore at liverpool and inherited his best players from 'king kenny' 

There are no guarentees in football and whoever we appoint needs to be the right fit for the club. Sometimes a manager can be a good manager but their face just doesn't fit at a particular club or it just doesnt work out for them ... Clough at leeds 

is it the Fans ?

is it the manager ?

is it the back room staff

Is it Mel ?

perhaps it may just be the players need a good kick up the Harris.

we can analyse it until the cows come home but one thing is clear and the players are not playing to their capabilities

its ok putting the effort in in training but lets see it on the pitch, we all know what they are capable off,

no good blaming confidence etc,

grow a set of ballions and get on with getting that first win of the year in the bag !!.

Was not convinced PC was right appointment at the time and never in his time here did I ever think yep he s got that spark and will go on to be a top coach , was jumping for joy when Mel sacked him,, for me I have nothing against wassell and like everybody says you can never say never but I do firmly believe his appointment till the end of the season is a mistake certainly in terms of timing ,, my gut feeling is the players did not respect or buy into PC and his inexperience gave them the excuse , to put the academy boss straight in as his replacement with even less experience won't work ( in my view only) , this group of players bloated as it's become and perhaps populated with a few that think they are bigger than they are need someone who commands respect with his cv to come in and kick some arse , now they may well like wassell  but I think they will let him down in football terms once he has to start making decisions on who to play and who to drop and how he wants to play, let's get this clear I think Mel is the best thing to happen at Derby for a long time and will be great for our club but that doesn't mean I can't ever think he s getting something wrong? 

15 hours ago, curtains said:

You see Mostyn it's just like being in the PUB in the daytime on this forum. 

How many times over the years have you said something about DCFC and the answer is they are this and that and that player is this and that. 

Football is like that but hey at the end of the day we all want the best for DCFC on here and in the PUB. 

Footy is all about opinions. 

This?

15 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

Sorry not for me , but that is my opinion, new manager,( not coach), in now.

Up the Rams .

I suggest you give up now then Ovis. The decision is made, Head Coach, as part of a team, with shared responsibility, in the aim of avoiding constant upheaval, is the way it will be. Mel is determined that there will never be a "manager" of Derby, but a "head coach".

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I suggest you give up now then Ovis. The decision is made, Head Coach, as part of a team, with shared responsibility, in the aim of avoiding constant upheaval, is the way it will be. Mel is determined that there will never be a "manager" of Derby, but a "head coach".

Clement selected his own training staff, his own analysis team, saw off the director of football, and was able to reorganise the training facilities as he saw fit.

He also had the final say on all transfers,  even bringing in his own targets, with unhindered access to Mel's wallet.

Sounds pretty manager-ish to me!

Top top post Mostyn 

we do so much in clichees and one liners It is cheering to see a calculated reasoned argument and a sound battle cry to boot.

we might not win the next game but we must always go with hope and expectation  in our hearts and transmit that to the team.

i will hold my head in my hands, wince outwardly or go quiet when mistakes get made or the football is ugly but you don't boo and you don't leave with 10 minutes to go. 

DW has got the U21's playing respectable footy, he knows the players and the club so writing him off as a hoof ball man after one game is lunacy. 

I'm certainly not one who gets excited just when Man Utd and Chelsea come to town. Supported this club through thick and thin and thin and thin since aged 7 in 1972. 

Right now what is happening at our club is everything I detest with modern football. Owners who are seen/ heard more than players in some cases. 

Players who are earning a very decent living stinking the building out with level of performance and body language. 

Coaches talking utter bolloks after games to the media. ( I do get that he is trying to lift things and not be too critical right now but COME ON). You put THAT in front of us for 90 mins v Franchise FC of Nothingtown and then tell us it wasn't too bad!!!! It was the worst 90 mins entertainment I've seen for a long long time and personally feel insulted by players and coaches post match comments!!! 

Im very very proud of my club and this currently is just not acceptable.... Confidence my backside. Kick up the @rse more like. Mollycoddled feckwits most of them. 

Can I take them all down to Lympstone for a week to my old training HQ and show them a thing or two about commitment. 

9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I'm certainly not one who gets excited just when Man Utd and Chelsea come to town. Supported this club through thick and thin and thin and thin since aged 7 in 1972. 

Right now what is happening at our club is everything I detest with modern football. Owners who are seen/ heard more than players in some cases. 

Players who are earning a very decent living stinking the building out with level of performance and body language. 

Coaches talking utter bolloks after games to the media. ( I do get that he is trying to lift things and not be too critical right now but COME ON). You put THAT in front of us for 90 mins v Franchise FC of Nothingtown and then tell us it wasn't too bad!!!! It was the worst 90 mins entertainment I've seen for a long long time and personally feel insulted by players and coaches post match comments!!! 

Im very very proud of my club and this currently is just not acceptable.... Confidence my backside. Kick up the @rse more like. Mollycoddled feckwits most of them. 

Can I take them all down to Lympstone for a week to my old training HQ and show them a thing or two about commitment. 

It's not even the worst 90 mins this year!!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's not even the worst 90 mins this year!!

Oh dear lord... Actually we did win 1-3 away at MK but I debated with myself on the way home which was worse. I was at both and you could easily have done dental surgery on me around 60 mins in both games minus anesthesia... 

On 15 February 2016 at 10:24, Mostyn6 said:

As fans, we have endured plenty of misery, certainly this century! But we took it, in most cases, in silence, like beaten housewife with no self-worth, we accepted being treated like a cash-cow and given nothing in return.

Yeah I don't think a football team having some bad results is really comparable to domestic abuse. You also seem to be implying that the fans taking that on the chin (a good thing) is somehow comparable to a woman not speaking out about her abusive husband. (A bad thing)

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah I don't think a football team having some bad results is really comparable to domestic abuse. You also seem to be implying that the fans taking that on the chin (a good thing) is somehow comparable to a woman not speaking out about her abusive husband. (A bad thing)

:no: 

there's always one!

Archived