They've done their bit, time for fans to back them.

Mostyn6

A few things have been winding me up specifically. 

1st is my usual 'manager merry go round' rant. I hate it. Why do clubs keep employing failed managers? They recycle them over and over. Why do fans want someone who has been sacked numerous times at other clubs so badly?? 

2nd is something which pops up a lot - 'we are ENTITLED to expect promotion'. Money spent, 30k gates or whatever, this mentality is so damaging. 

3rd is the 'where is Sam Rush' garbage. Just because he's not been photographed doing something then he's actually been sidelined, trampled all over and gagged by Mel?? Utter garbage. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good points. I'd agree that there definitely is a certain type of fan who ticks a lot of the boxes you mentioned.

-Enamoured with Clement simply because he has some "big clubs" on his CV.

-Taking selfies to commemorate the 4th round cup tie with Man U.

-A lack of understanding of the game in general, leading to them becoming easily frustrated when things aren't going well.

-Only purchased a season ticket because they thought we'd be going to the Premier League and will not be back next season if we're still in the Championship.

I'd say good riddance to them. The atmosphere would be better if we had 24,000 who actually wanted to watch the Rams rather than 30,000 with 5,000-6,000 who are essentially there as placeholders to secure their dream Premiership ticket.

I said a few weeks ago that part of me doesn't want to get promoted because of the general attitude of many of the fans I've come across. That feeling is growing. 

This club as not moved forward in 3 seasons,the vision of change promised when the manager was sacked

Modern coaches,international scouting net work,A new recruitment system., A,

Top Head-Coach, to improve the players, failure that s what it was,This season 1 owner,millions spent,the club in turmoil.

Mel Morris will now move the club in a direction he feels is best for the club,Manager or Head Coach.

Bigger gates are used as a yard stick to a clubs success.Also brings more pressure to succeed.

This season has moved away from the original squad left,and with a lot of money spent on improving the legacy that was left, Of coarse improvement from the 2013/ squad was,Expected by fans,3 seasons on

7 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

This club as not moved forward in 3 seasons,the vision of change promised when the manager was sacked

Modern coaches,international scouting net work,A new recruitment system., A,

Top Head-Coach, to improve the players, failure that s what it was,This season 1 owner,millions spent,the club in turmoil.

Mel Morris will now move the club in a direction he feels is best for the club,Manager or Head Coach.

Bigger gates are used as a yard stick to a clubs success.Also brings more pressure to succeed.

This season has moved away from the original squad left,and with a lot of money spent on improving the legacy that was left, Of coarse improvement from the 2013/ squad was,Expected by fans,3 seasons on

I would suggest it has moved forward. There is more to a football club than what division it plays in.

Under Billy Davies, we were a Premier League team off the back of promotion, but at that time, the CLUB was miles behind where it is right now.

3 years ago, we hadn't been near a play off place in 5 seasons (aside of a decent first handful of games one season), we have been top this season, and have also been in the top 6 for about 3 months.

What about the supporters that raised their eyebrows when clement was employed, and even more so now that that mistake is being repeated except now it's with someone with even less experience.

Does DE know how good the players are, if so then you have to question why in his first match he decided to play a system that did not suit certain individuals, if he knows the club inside out as we are led to believe, then we should have at least seen some cohesion on the pitch Saturday.  As for unreservedly backing them, then why, I'll continue to vocally support them, as I did with clement, but I'm not going to sit there chanting out Derby songs whilst the chairman carries out experiment plan B with his mate and it continues to fail. As for the premier league  fan comment, yes I want to see Derby play there, I want to see us compete with the best teams in this country, I enjoyed the season where we got promoted and would take them two as a package over the 4 dross ones under NC, and the next 15 games that are going to be wasted under the new regime.  

If im wrong, I'll happily come on here in a couple of months and hold my hands up and admit it, im fact I really hope I'm wrong because i would love nothing more than to see us being successful.  However for now, I'll sit back, refrain from posting on here and just take an observer interest, awaiting the next 7 posts from the outing, and reserve my right, as the chairman did, to judge the current manager on what I have see to date, which was and will continue to be dross.

I beg to differ 3 seasons ago we finished 12th last season we finished 8th  and the team was in freefall.

As soon as the squad needed,new blood the wheels fell off,that was after the transfer,budget for a player went up to

2 million from barker type fees,8 coaches sacked,---Two head coaches removed,,in 2 seasons,1 head of recruitment,dismissed.no new international players,no academy players brought into first team 18 millions worth of talent on bench and still lose the match,And you say being in top 6 after over 140 professional games in the championship,

With the upheaval this club has gone through,and the millions spent,OH and you say it doesn't matter what div the club is in

IT mattered in 2013,when the club was stable on a small budget,I'M not in the breakfast club.

But if you went you deserved every bite

I was openly sceptical of PC in the summer, never being a manger and all that. I was fed up by the results and performance  (performance wise I havent been impressed all season)

I am equally sceptical about Wassall. but will given him the same courtesy I gave PC, time to win me over. He has a little advantage in that hes been at the club for years, knows the players and knows what they can do. Now he has the task of gettin them to perform.

32 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

I beg to differ 3 seasons ago we finished 12th last season we finished 8th  and the team was in freefall.

As soon as the squad needed,new blood the wheels fell off,that was after the transfer,budget for a player went up to

2 million from barker type fees,8 coaches sacked,---Two head coaches removed,,in 2 seasons,1 head of recruitment,dismissed.no new international players,no academy players brought into first team 18 millions worth of talent on bench and still lose the match,And you say being in top 6 after over 140 professional games in the championship,

With the upheaval this club has gone through,and the millions spent,OH and you say it doesn't matter what div the club is in

IT mattered in 2013,when the club was stable on a small budget,I'M not in the breakfast club.

But if you went you deserved every bite

It still is 12 months later.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes, cos 8th to 6th is an absolute plummet! hahahahaha :lol:

Season is not over yet, this time last year we were 2nd and finished 8th but at least we had the excuse of all the injuries.

Yep this season, spent tens of millions, replaced the best coach we had in a decade, have not won a game this year, bottom of the form table, it got so bad that a home performance defeat to a team 4th from bottom is now classed as a positive by the new coach.

How to **** up a club in 12 mths!

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Season is not over yet, this time last year we were 2nd and finished 8th but at least we had the excuse of all the injuries.

Yep this season, spent tens of millions, replaced the best coach we had in a decade, have not won a game this year, bottom of the form table, it got so bad that a home performance defeat to a team 4th from bottom is now classed as a positive by the new coach.

How to **** up a club in 12 mths!

RIGHT, so here is the "zing":- All of that maybe true, so the chairman did something abou tit

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I said a few weeks ago that part of me doesn't want to get promoted because of the general attitude of many of the fans I've come across. That feeling is growing. 

I've actually said this to a mate and said I wouldn't mind seeing us relegated if it meant getting rid of some of the moaning gits that have attached themselves to DCFC.

After everything that has happened in the last week and how it has been done I'm finding it very difficult to get behind anything other than the sofa.

I wish Mel well; in my opinion he has done himself very few favours of late and has damaged the reputation of the club in the last week with some very poor communications, but I understand the ethos of what he is trying to achieve and why, even if I'm not wholly convinced by it.

I wish Darren well, I know him and he's a top lad with Derby's best interests at heart. Was he the right appointment? I hope so.

I do though have an issue with some of the players, who need to start wearing the shirt with a bit more pride and responsibility.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

So are we better of than this time last season?

there's only one time of the season that counts and that's the end of it, which may seem a bit contradictory considering Clement didn't get to the end of it. But we may be worse off right now than on 15th Feb last season, but come May, we may be better off.

You sound like you are blaming the whole season on Darren Wassall.

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

After everything that has happened in the last week and how it has been done I'm finding it very difficult to get behind anything other than the sofa.

I wish Mel well; in my opinion he has done himself very few favours of late and has damaged the reputation of the club in the last week with some very poor communications, but I understand the ethos of what he is trying to achieve and why, even if I'm not wholly convinced by it.

I wish Darren well, I know him and he's a top lad with Derby's best interests at heart. Was he the right appointment? I hope so.

I do though have an issue with some of the players, who need to start wearing the shirt with a bit more pride and responsibility.

That's the thing Vulcan. A few look like they need "sorting" Is Darren up to that or is he possibly too close or too junior in their eyes?

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there's only one time of the season that counts and that's the end of it, which may seem a bit contradictory considering Clement didn't get to the end of it. But we may be worse off right now than on 15th Feb last season, but come May, we may be better off.

You sound like you are blaming the whole season on Darren Wassall.

No, not blaming Wassall for the season............but I don't buy into replacing one inexperienced coach for another with even less experience.

Makes no sense what so ever, especially when our season could have still gone onwards and upwards last week........

Just a shame we have gone back 12 mths, so lets see where we finish in May?

Archived