They've done their bit, time for fans to back them.

Mostyn6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Back Wassall (because Mel & Mostyn tell you to) or you're a glory supporter that only goes to Chelsea & Man U games. Righto.

no, you're again being purposely difficult.

You'd be closer to what I'm getting at if you changed that to "don't be a whiny bitch....".

It's not about backing him as much as it is getting OFF his back.

17 hours ago, archied said:

Was not convinced PC was right appointment at the time and never in his time here did I ever think yep he s got that spark and will go on to be a top coach , was jumping for joy when Mel sacked him,, for me I have nothing against wassell and like everybody says you can never say never but I do firmly believe his appointment till the end of the season is a mistake certainly in terms of timing ,, my gut feeling is the players did not respect or buy into PC and his inexperience gave them the excuse , to put the academy boss straight in as his replacement with even less experience won't work ( in my view only) , this group of players bloated as it's become and perhaps populated with a few that think they are bigger than they are need someone who commands respect with his cv to come in and kick some arse , now they may well like wassell  but I think they will let him down in football terms once he has to start making decisions on who to play and who to drop and how he wants to play, let's get this clear I think Mel is the best thing to happen at Derby for a long time and will be great for our club but that doesn't mean I can't ever think he s getting something wrong? 

Sadly and regrettably I'm not convinced at all by Mel Morris. Just beacuse hes one of us from the terraces doesnt mean hes either immune from criticism or getting very big decisions wrong.

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Right now what is happening at our club is everything I detest with modern football.

and there in a few words is a summary of futility.  It ain't going back to those great days.  At least Fester are showing that you can break in but they are still doing it the modern way.  I suppose the only choice we have is to support or not.  The vast majority of us are unable to influence the direction of modern football regrettably

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think I am with you on that one Ilson.

Saturday- we all know Hendrick and Bryson played their best football in a midfield 3. Plays them in a 2/4. Ince is not a winger he is part of a front 3. Johnson is not a winger. Russell played his best football for us and Dundee on the side of a front 3. Played as a front 2. 

Clement got it right against Fulham. The old style was there, Bryson was closer to Martin. Why not build on that? Take the 'control the game' shackles off and let them play 433. I was happy with clement going but in my mind I expected wassall to go with what we know but get them to express themselves. Instead we got rigid 442 and hoofball.

The implication from this post seems to be that experience counts for nothing - because Pep is great etc and I might add Eddie Howe to that list. But to go for people without experience is a gamble. You really have little idea how they will perform. Why did we need to gamble on PC? Why are we gambling on DW? Is there anything about either of them that really makes you think they are the next Pep or Eddie?

As soon as I saw the MKD teamsheet I knew DW was out of his depth. As Ilson says that team was never going to perform - players out of position, no strength in central midfield, wide men out of form etc. The Fulham team  was clearly stronger. If we had beaten MKD we would still be in touch with the leaders but that's probably gone now.

I'm glad we have a fan in charge but not if being a fan leads him to make rash decisions. The team are crying out for leadership, on and off the pitch. There's not one player in front of GT who really knows his role and feels comfortable with it. This is a management / coaching responsibility that is not being addressed.

So like others on here, I'll continue to support the team, never boo, but will get increasingly bitter and frustrated if the problems are not taken seriously and the slide continues. 

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I suggest you give up now then Ovis. The decision is made, Head Coach, as part of a team, with shared responsibility, in the aim of avoiding constant upheaval, is the way it will be. Mel is determined that there will never be a "manager" of Derby, but a "head coach".

I suggest you stick to what you believe and leave others with their opinions. .

Let's look at from another angle so here I go the club have no experience of being in the situation they have left themselves in management wise. The only people to be in situation are yourselves and the players i feel we are a couple of team performances away from having the fans back behind them and singing Mel praise. So the only people that can change the situation is the players .

On the another topic I posting it here because I don't want one of mels minions removing it I have it on good authority from a very legit derby county employee Paul clement was sacked for none footballing activities that Mel gave him 2 weeks to solve and he couldn't or refused to which resulted in a player saying it was me or him handed in a written transfer request Mel cut short a family skiing trip my source (I hate that term) also says tha the club had private investigator keep his eye on clement also clement left with no money or pay off 

the mel minions is a joke don't take it personally I do like you guys 

1 hour ago, 24/7ram said:

Let's look at from another angle so here I go the club have no experience of being in the situation they have left themselves in management wise. The only people to be in situation are yourselves and the players i feel we are a couple of team performances away from having the fans back behind them and singing Mel praise. So the only people that can change the situation is the players .

On the another topic I posting it here because I don't want one of mels minions removing it I have it on good authority from a very legit derby county employee Paul clement was sacked for none footballing activities that Mel gave him 2 weeks to solve and he couldn't or refused to which resulted in a player saying it was me or him handed in a written transfer request Mel cut short a family skiing trip my source (I hate that term) also says tha the club had private investigator keep his eye on clement also clement left with no money or pay off 

the mel minions is a joke don't take it personally I do like you guys 

I'd be tempted to believe this if it wasn't the 10th different version of the story. No offence to you mind...

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Saturday- we all know Hendrick and Bryson played their best football in a midfield 3. Plays them in a 2/4. Ince is not a winger he is part of a front 3. Johnson is not a winger. Russell played his best football for us and Dundee on the side of a front 3. Played as a front 2. 

Clement got it right against Fulham. The old style was there, Bryson was closer to Martin. Why not build on that? Take the 'control the game' shackles off and let them play 433. I was happy with clement going but in my mind I expected wassall to go with what we know but get them to express themselves. Instead we got rigid 442 and hoofball.

I would agree. Same team again except anyone instead of Weimann and Butterfield instead of Baird. 

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

and there in a few words is a summary of futility.  It ain't going back to those great days.  At least Fester are showing that you can break in but they are still doing it the modern way.  I suppose the only choice we have is to support or not.  The vast majority of us are unable to influence the direction of modern football regrettably

Very very hard to have mine/our time and money wasted by such dirge as was served up on Sat. 

Even in the bad old good old days of awful 80s it was at least fun to hang with your mates, exchange the banter and dream of better days... Sadly since then " better days" have been few and far between. 

I will always love my club and the memories it has given me but right now I feel more so than ever that I'm staring into some sort of abyss...

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd be tempted to believe this if it wasn't the 10th different version of the story. No offence to you mind...

No offence taken the one different it has come from a member of staff I regularly come in to contact though our sons play football together he is at moor farm 5 days of the week he told me the story in more detail but I'm not going to name everyone in it could someone answer me a question who is the club secretary 

Archived