Hoddle

Gritty

I know I mentioned this in another thread briefly but the more I think about it, the more I think Hoddle ticks the boxes:

Developing young players: He has an academy in Spain solely devoted to dealing with young kids discarded by clubs, coaching them, and getting some back into the game

Playing attractive football:  He did and his teams did

Experience / managing a bunch of egos: He's managed England and he didn't leave for footballing reasons.  

Coaching: He is a coach rather than a manager.  Players like Rio say he was one of the best coaches they had

And he's free now...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that."

Errrrm no thanks.............mind you, if Hoddle's faith healer, Eileen Drewery could do an hour or two in the West Stand reinvigorating the faithful then it might just work!

In the summer i wanted big sam in charge. Win first add style later. He'd of been perfect he knows how to grind out a win and make sides hard to beat. Gets accused of boring but his last season at west ham they played nice stuff and bolton used to turn on the style with Okocha etc. 

12 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

In the summer i wanted big sam in charge. Win first add style later. He'd of been perfect he knows how to grind out a win and make sides hard to beat. Gets accused of boring but his last season at west ham they played nice stuff and bolton used to turn on the style with Okocha etc. 

Aren't Bolton in more debt than South America. Sam slashed about 175m on Bolton's 10 year jaunt to the Prem. You don't get Okocha, Hierro, Djorkaeff, Anelka, Campo and er Michael Ricketts up to deepest Lancs for their love if pies and Peter Kay. Sam was a pioneer of sorts with his prozone and headphones but is a dinosaur now. A bit like Mclaren actually. Both past their best. I hope we're after the next Eddie Howe. Or an old head with the next 1996 version of Steve Mclaren.

59 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

But this side was built to play good football. You saw yesterday what happens when we go out and out percentage football. We'd have had to pretty much rebuild the side. 

3 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

Is this the same Glenn Hoddle that made his players pray at half time?

Most importantly it's the same Glenn Hoddle whose last managerial post was ten years ago. It was with Wolves in The Championship and it ended in failure.

What is it about football fans getting seduced by football pundits...

If the majority of them were any good they would be giving their advice on the training ground or side of the pitch...

But it's obviously easier to sit on the fence and be a hypocrite in the studio nowadays. Whilst picking up a healthy pay cheque in the process, whilst fans lap up and love their every word...

1 hour ago, ColchesterRam said:

Is this the same Glenn Hoddle that made his players pray at half time?

Maybe we should try this,Our father who is in heaven give us the strengh to score a goal,lead us not into temptation and deliver us from those around us who can't run a football team.Amen

I am sure Eddie could write a better prayer

Archived