Mclaren and £25 million

Charlie George

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe I read in the now pulled thread about the breakfast with Mel that Chris Evans left because Clement had the ultimate say on signings. Which would suggest that this wasn't the case with McClaren (which would also substantiate the tale about Steele stating that the management staff didn't want Albentoasa). 

So I believe the money would have still been spent poorly because I didn't particularly rate Evans' signings. 

Signing players for newcastle is not very easy - particularly given their league position. A bit like trying to sign players for aston villa.

he can only get rejects, flotsam and jetson, and mercenaries from the foreign legion who just come for the money.

not an easy job.

24 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Mclaren does tend to sign fodder.... anyone remember maccarone at boro? And he rejected a cash plus GARETH BALE offer for downing.... signed mostly crap for newcastle aswell bar shelvey and townsend.... mbemba saivet and all these useless french league signings

Let us not forget how he managed  - in his short tenure down the a52 - to saddle them with some right dross.  Much to our amusement.

He is a coach of existing players first and foremost 

Archived