How to ruin a football club!

Stimacked

The one thing I cannot get is this:

He sacks an inexperienced rookie manager for whatever reason (we have one side of the story only to judge)

We replace him with another manager with no experience (OK a 1-4 half of football)

Surely from a position of being top 6 with everything to play for this is flawed at every level????

Why are we not looking for a manager to finish the job this season?

Are we just writing off this campaign????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

does 42% of points in a season = promotion?

As for Wassall, can I remind you that at one stage Brendan Rodgers was an academy man making the step up, Sherwood was too, Moyes was a coach who made a step up, as was Pearson.... at some point EVERY manager makes his debut as manager.

42% win rate.

not 42% of points.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's not the case. Wassall is the man they think can do the job and deserves the chance. If he cannot do it, he will be part of the future and be involved in the selection process. If he succeeds, then the job is his to keep/lose.

Only holds if wassel wasn't the second in a row of that type of appointment  and with far less a aclaim than the preceding inexperienced step up gamble

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

does 42% of points in a season = promotion?

As for Wassall, can I remind you that at one stage Brendan Rodgers was an academy man making the step up, Sherwood was too, Moyes was a coach who made a step up, as was Pearson.... at some point EVERY manager makes his debut as manager.

Sorry is that aimed at me as I am the only one who used that figure.I said 42% win rate in all competitions

his run of 1 defeat in 19 took us to top. There was still 16 games to play,he could still have got us

promotion,even if it was through the play-offs.Still he never got the chance,did he? Your new pal made

sure of that didn't he?

Wassell ain't the man

radio derby interview.  " wot game was he watching". Nothing absolutely nothing to be positive about 

fans want fight fight fight. And if we loss far enough 

Keogh is the only one with heart. 

Totally dejected with dcfc. 

It's a shame the breakfast thread has come down... The only thing I was intrigued with was... Did you all introduce yourself with your handles on here or your real name.

Can see why it got taken down though...

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Why have the two threads about "Breakfast with Mel" been taken down? Something on there that a certain someone didn't like?

Probably because so many people were crying about the fact they hadn't been invited and it's just going to cause hassle. 

Unfortunately something which was exciting and a great forum for fans to speak to the owners of their club (how many other sets of fans get that chance) in a personal environment has been turned into a negative. 

I don't blame Daveo for taking the threads down either. It was embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

We all know what Mark Twain said about statistics. You can't just ignore his record for his last 7 games

Very unfair to judge him on his last 7 games. Up until the Reading game he was doing ok - not exciting football, but building a solid team with an acceptable points return. If we had won 1-0 against Reading would Mel Morris of entered the dressing room? After that 'intervention' matters got a lot, lot worse, and we haven't won since.  It makes you wonder who actually lost the dressing room that night - Clement or Morris?

3 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Sorry is that aimed at me as I am the only one who used that figure.I said 42% win rate in all competitions

his run of 1 defeat in 19 took us to top. There was still 16 games to play,he could still have got us

promotion,even if it was through the play-offs.Still he never got the chance,did he? Your new pal made

sure of that didn't he?

you need to take that up with the Mel. He has his reasons, I didn't agree at the time. Now I can see the thinking.

Basically, he didn't want another Billy Davies running the club. Do you? 

I'd be interested if you want another Billy Davies promotion or not.

15 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Tell me, if managers are never given opportunities at management at a senior level when they have never managed before, where are we going to get all our managers from in 30 years when all the current ones have gone? 

Mot do they all have to make heir way up from the Evostick Premier? Can't wait for John Smith to go head to head with Big Tommo from the Nags Head on the Champions League final. 

Coaches have to learn their trade, unfortunately some take to it like a duck to water others will never do it.............Clement was always a gamble but most bought into the hype, he'd been here he'd been there, sometimes no 2's just don't make no1's.

We sack an inexperienced coach and give the job to another inexperienced coach at a time when the season can still be saved.

A club in crises looks for a leader to pull it out of crises, I am sorry but Wassall is not a leader, he is a good youth team coach.

We need an experienced coach at this level, that knows what he is doing. Hence Nigel Pearson, I dare say the performance today would have been no worse under Pearson, I would suggest there might have been a better performance under Pearson. 

1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

Probably because so many people were crying about the fact they hadn't been invited and it's just going to cause hassle. 

Unfortunately something which was exciting and a great forum for fans to speak to the owners of their club (how many other sets of fans get that chance) in a personal environment has been turned into a negative. 

I don't blame Daveo for taking the threads down either. It was embarrassing. 

Totally agree

Archived