How to ruin a football club!

Stimacked

One interfering owner.

Sack manager for presumed disloyalty. 

Sack another manager, still learning his trade half way through his first season. 

Appoint a close pal with no senior management experience who stabilised the club's Academy and U21s 

(destabilising those levels simultaneously)

Spend vast amounts of cash on players and pay them and pay for them above their worth. 

Alienate the fans with bizarre reasonings behind decision to sack bosses.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

sack a manager half way through a season after poor performances most of the season (masked by a false league position)

sack a manager after the best part of half a season of ***** and meteoric fall from grace.

yep that's poor decision making

There is no such thing as a false league position,league tables don't lie. Paul Clement has a win

rate of 42% with us,makes him one of our most successful managers.

1 minute ago, top 6 finish said:

There is no such thing as a false league position,league tables don't lie. Paul Clement has a win

Hmm  not 42% in his last games

3 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Not questioning you but are you positive that it is 42%? Not including today's game we have one win since 28 Dec (DLWDLLLDD), which is 11% (and it was against a League Two team).

His record at Derby is 14 wins,12 draws,7 defeats in 33 games in all competitions.A win rate

of 42%.Get your calculators out. Incidently Strange Yearnings ( can I call you "strange" for short)

only joking,mate,if you want to be selective,fine, but it cuts both ways. e.g we went on a 19 match

spell with only 1 defeat and kept 8 clean sheets in 10 consecutive matches.His win rate then was

well over 42% The problem is many on here have short memories,many also have selective

memories to fit their petty little agendas.Like Davenport Ram,he does it all the time,where what

I've quoted here was in reply to some of his nonsenses. I have no agenda,but I think the truth

should come out now and then.

Its hard to see where we've spent 25m that is the scary thing from all this, we've practically spent all our allowable FFP money, and I still can't see where the supposed improvement is coming from, there's a good team in there somewhere but we aren't seeing it atm and we might never see it. 

I'm starting to think no one wants the job, its not all that its cracked up to be, Clement didn't even say goodbye and thanks for the support, had it away on his bike the moment he was sacked and hasn't been heard since.

something is seriously wrong behind the scenes imo, its gone sour very quickly, and we're going to see an half empty stadium soon as well.

does 42% of points in a season = promotion?

As for Wassall, can I remind you that at one stage Brendan Rodgers was an academy man making the step up, Sherwood was too, Moyes was a coach who made a step up, as was Pearson.... at some point EVERY manager makes his debut as manager.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

As for Wassall, can I remind you that at one stage Brendan Rodgers was an academy man making the step up, Sherwood was too, Moyes was a coach who made a step up, as was Pearson.... at some point EVERY manager makes his debut as manager.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Pearson#Managerial_statistics

NP.png

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I like your thinking. You must be a logical man.

And Wassell is going to be our Ferguson (or Brendan Rodgers or Mourinho), rather than the hundreds of millions of academy men who flopped.

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

.There is no such thing as a false league position,league tables don't lie. Paul Clement has a win

well below Mac  - when our luck ran out, it should what we were really like, two 90 minute performances in 30 odd games. Clement should never have been given the opportunity, like Wassall , both are inexperienced at the level.

One should go back to being a good no 2 and the other back to dealing with kids..................... 

Now where is Nigel Pearson, he'll sort out those that don't perform on the pitch and I am sure can deal with Mel Morris antics.

That's ok as long as it's not now become club policy to only ever employ unexperienced step ups? Very different to being lucky enough to see someone or have someone at you club you fully believe has what it takes to step up and the be lucky enough to be right, are we now only going to employ the sack step ups till we hopefully find one that can make the step up?

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

well below Mac  - when our luck ran out, it should what we were really like, two 90 minute performances in 30 odd games. Clement should never have been given the opportunity, like Wassall , both are inexperienced at the level.

One should go back to being a good no 2 and the other back to dealing with kids..................... 

Now where is Nigel Pearson, he'll sort out those that don't perform on the pitch and I am sure can deal with Mel Morris antics.

Tell me, if managers are never given opportunities at management at a senior level when they have never managed before, where are we going to get all our managers from in 30 years when all the current ones have gone? 

Mot do they all have to make heir way up from the Evostick Premier? Can't wait for John Smith to go head to head with Big Tommo from the Nags Head on the Champions League final. 

32 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

His record at Derby is 14 wins,12 draws,7 defeats in 33 games in all competitions.A win rate

of 42%.Get your calculators out. Incidently Strange Yearnings ( can I call you "strange" for short)

only joking,mate,if you want to be selective,fine, but it cuts both ways. e.g we went on a 19 match

spell with only 1 defeat and kept 8 clean sheets in 10 consecutive matches.His win rate then was

well over 42% The problem is many on here have short memories,many also have selective

memories to fit their petty little agendas.Like Davenport Ram,he does it all the time,where what

I've quoted here was in reply to some of his nonsenses. I have no agenda,but I think the truth

should come out now and then.

We all know what Mark Twain said about statistics. You can't just ignore his record for his last 7 games

4 minutes ago, archied said:

That's ok as long as it's not now become club policy to only ever employ unexperienced step ups? Very different to being lucky enough to see someone or have someone at you club you fully believe has what it takes to step up and the be lucky enough to be right, are we now only going to employ the sack step ups till we hopefully find one that can make the step up?

that's not the case. Wassall is the man they think can do the job and deserves the chance. If he cannot do it, he will be part of the future and be involved in the selection process. If he succeeds, then the job is his to keep/lose.

Archived