Minute's applause.

MuespachRam

I see that the fans are arranging another "minutes applause" for the MK Dons game for a lady that has been tragically struck down with cancer.

Whilst I have every sympathy for her and her family it is starting to get ridiculous the amount of these that occur.

For the record, if I am involved in a freak gardening accident today (or any day) I 100% definitely do not want a round of applause on 44 minutes to be held in my honor. Actually, does anyone actually want to be remembered that way? I doubt it.

The round of applause/minutes silence should be exclusively reserved for national/international disasters, remembrance day and the passing of a footballing/club legend. (although that would put me in the club legend category of course but I still don't want it)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if people feel like giving a round of applause then so be it. But I did notice the last time the cameras were panning around Derby fans who were clapping (or not) while mouthing "Whats it for?". 

If people don't know why they're showing respect then I don't really see the point. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

If you don't like it then you don't have to clap. 

I guarantee that 99.9% of the people clapping do not know either the reason they are doing it and definitely do not know the person they re doing it about. Which is kind of weird/sick in my opinion 

Its me arranging the clap,  the lady (jill simpson) spent years and years with her husband and child travelling the country to every game,  so its good to be able to show that bit of something to a lady who had that taken away from her for a horrid disease that is cancer.

If you dont want to clap then dont clap, simple really whether people like it or not i will be standing and clapping a good friend of mine who touched alot of hearts and became the mother of the away day regulars, always cheerful in the neppy so i will be showing my respect

31 minutes ago, trooper said:

Its me arranging the clap,  the lady (jill simpson) spent years and years with her husband and child travelling the country to every game,  so its good to be able to show that bit of something to a lady who had that taken away from her for a horrid disease that is cancer.

If you dont want to clap then dont clap, simple really whether people like it or not i will be standing and clapping a good friend of mine who touched alot of hearts and became the mother of the away day regulars, always cheerful in the neppy so i will be showing my respect

I will clap. My thoughts are with Danny and family. 

On 9 February 2016 at 13:38, MuespachRam said:

I see that the fans are arranging another "minutes applause" for the MK Dons game for a lady that has been tragically struck down with cancer.

Whilst I have every sympathy for her and her family it is starting to get ridiculous the amount of these that occur.

For the record, if I am involved in a freak gardening accident today (or any day) I 100% definitely do not want a round of applause on 44 minutes to be held in my honor. Actually, does anyone actually want to be remembered that way? I doubt it.

The round of applause/minutes silence should be exclusively reserved for national/international disasters, remembrance day and the passing of a footballing/club legend. (although that would put me in the club legend category of course but I still don't want it)

The sooner you get a job mate the better, do you hate everything?

Most of these minutes applause's are not announced by the club. The last one wasn't, and I doubt this one will be.

its all spread via social media, and the people who clap will do so because they want to.

If you don't want to, don't.

If you don't know why they're clapping, you don't need to know as it doesn't effect you.

Archived