Strongest Team...?

Walsall_Ram

Phil Brown, of all people, touched on it Saturday night.

With all the signings we have made, it could take PC a season to find out his best XI.

#CaptainObvious

But at this current stage of the season going forward, what would you say is our "Strongest XI"?

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Blackman, Martin, Russell?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Olsson, Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Johnson, Ince and Martin 

Grant Warnock Baird Russell Weimann Bent Buxton on the bench

I think Johnson on the left would be good, that's his preferred position tbh and he'd do a much better job for us there. 

I think Pearce Hendrick Shotton Warnock Weimann might be better off leaving in the summer though, I've even left Hendrick off the bench that's how many players we have, which is silly, we need a settled 11 and some able players off the bench, which we have in Calero, Rawson and Bennett imo. 

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The manager hasn't a clue so how can we?

Mmm.. When you can't find a place on the bench for Blackman, Camera and Hendrick I think its probably tough for us and the manager/head coach lol. 

Far too many players and its become a massive problem for Clement, big squad big egos isn't good. 

34 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

With all the signings we have made, it could take PC a season to find out his best XI.

#CaptainObvious

But at this current stage of the season going forward, what would you say is our "Strongest XI"?

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Blackman, Martin, Russell?

Yeah....it would take a numpty like phil brown a year to make his mind up.

40 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

#CaptainObvious

As soon as you mentioned Phil Brown in the content your article stopped having any credibility whatsoever 

For me, the strongest side we could put out would be via a different formation to the 4-3-3. Too many new players who don't fit that system. I'd go with a 4-2-3-1...

Grant

Christie      Keogh       Shackell      Olsson

Thorne           Butterfield

Blackman            Ince                Weimann

Martin

13 hours ago, Gritters said:

The strongest team doesn't mean all the best players. There needs to be the right balance and each player needs to be in form. We haven't touched these in recent weeks. Nearest we've got was the play off season.

Totally agree.

It feels like we've been trying to find that magic ever since.

Reasons to be cheerful: Bryson, Hendrick, Russell and Martin all started a game together on Saturday. That was enough to make me a little bit happy whatever the result.

Archived