Man U Holding Talks With Mourinho

AmericanRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all the United fans whinging about the man united way (fast attacking football) then touting mourinho 

'we need to get mourinho get back to the united way'

jose mourinho couldnt be more opposite to the 'united way' if they tried, boring one nil wins and ten men behind the ball & frustrating teams. He'll go in spend 250mil and sacked after three seasons 

i also kept saying when bacon face retired they will slowly turn into liverpool thinking they are still massive and a title challenger but not winning anything & finishing 6th & 7th. I hope this is the case for years to come 

I'm actually quite suprised how poorly they have played. This has to be among the worst seasons's LVG has had, if not the worst. Not sure who is to blame for their transfers, but quarter billion spend and strikeforce is basicly Martial and Rooney...Someone has done his job poorly.

IMO Mourinho is likable compared to LVG, so I'd rather beat his team in the first game of next season.

Altho united won the league under ferguson, there were serious gaps in that squad. He was already needing to bring back scholes and giggs, and there were plenty of duff signings like anderson, nani, and young littering the bench. The back four was ancient with ferdinand, vidic and evra all past it. It was always going to take a huge investment of cash to rebuild. The real problem was that they couldn't compete with man city or chelsea in the transfer market.

moyes was like a rabbit in headlights, unable to grasp the extent of the task and behaving like a total cock.

LVG has done some essential work and given them a foundation. Unfortunately the signings have been hit and miss, but he's turned the juggernaut round. I suspect united asked mourinho to set out in writing how he would approach the task, and that this is the 6 page letter that has been referred to. But mourinho self-destructed a title winning team at chelsea. He is so far up himself now that the appointment will be a real gamble. He fell out with the flair players at chelsea and that doesn't bode well for united. 

But who cares really?

You know who I want United to go for? 

Eddie Howe.

Easy to dislike but you have to admire the attacking football just like Fergie. 

They will still be suffering from the Moyes burn to have the balls to do it and the hypocritical fans are crying out for Mourinho despite the football only being slightly less boring than LVG's.

Mourinho marketing is easier than Howe.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

You know who I want United to go for? 

Eddie Howe.

Easy to dislike but you have to admire the attacking football just like Fergie. 

They will still be suffering from the Moyes burn to have the balls to do it and the hypocritical fans are crying out for Mourinho despite the football only being slightly less boring than LVG's.

Mourinho marketing is easier than Howe.

Mourinho can attract the bigger names players that united cream to be associated with. Howe might struggle in that department!

31 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Is Man Utd not a big enough pull itself?

Moyes struggled to sign big players for them. Not sure if it was down to Moyes being the manager or Edward Woodward trying to sign (seemed like our Clough/Glick combo)

9 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I love all the United fans whinging about the man united way (fast attacking football) then touting mourinho 

'we need to get mourinho get back to the united way'

jose mourinho couldnt be more opposite to the 'united way' if they tried, boring one nil wins and ten men behind the ball & frustrating teams. He'll go in spend 250mil and sacked after three seasons 

i also kept saying when bacon face retired they will slowly turn into liverpool thinking they are still massive and a title challenger but not winning anything & finishing 6th & 7th. I hope this is the case for years to come 

You're not ghost writing for David Moyes are you, can feel the bitterness oozing from your text

• 3 months later...

Can't wait for this summer.

Sky Sources: Van Gaal to stay at United next season

Sky Sources: Mourinho has held talks with Ed Woodward this week

Sky Sources: Mourinho set to take over PSG in the next few days

Sky Sources: Van Gaal to leave United and be replaced by Mourinho in the next 24 hours

Sky Sources: Van Gaal offered new contract

43 minutes ago, David said:

Can't wait for this summer.

Sky Sources: Van Gaal to stay at United next season

Sky Sources: Mourinho has held talks with Ed Woodward this week

Sky Sources: Mourinho set to take over PSG in the next few days

Sky Sources: Van Gaal to leave United and be replaced by Mourinho in the next 24 hours

Sky Sources: Van Gaal offered new contract

All on the same day?

Archived