Congratulations Jeff

LesterRam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the commentary last Friday they mentioned he was the only Republic player to play every minute of last season or something like that. Great testament to his quality and since he hit the international scene he's added a huge amount of guile and skill to his attacking play. Do hope he gets more starts in the run-in. Always thought he had the potential to become Derby's Steven Gerrard.

Congratulations, Jeff!

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Funny though, i enjoy watching him and glad he is doing well for Derby but I've heard from a fair few people he is a bit of a nob when he goes out of an evening.

He won't go to prison though.

yes ive heard he has got a nob, not sure on length or girth but can confirm its present and correct :ph34r:

He's done very well to get to 200 appearances, especially with his 'ability' to go missing during many of them.

A very very frustrating player as we all know that he 'can' do it, but only when he feels like it. I fear he won't make it to 300 in a Rams shirt. 

I bet he starts on Saturday, though.   (Another of our 'marmite' men......)  

Based on what, exactly? A couple of assists for Ireland? "Untouchable". What does that even mean?

I've been impressed at times with his footwork, increasingly so this season, but he lacks aggression (50-50, Jeff? Jeff? Oh, he's wondered off) and he severely lacks end product. I don't think he's played a through-ball in his life.

And does anyone know what his position is? He doesn't make a tackles so he can't be box to box, but he has zero vision so can he really be an attacking mid? He needs to score more goals or at least get into the box consistently for an easy layoff because he has zero creativity.

Wow. So many uncharitable and just plain old nasty folk on here (shockingly). FWIW I've never really understood the criticism of Jeff. I think he is a cracking player and actually seems to have added something to his game this year.. Of course, I have a tendancy to be realistic in my expectations of a young championship midfielder and thus measure my assessment of him against that.

Anyway, don't think this thread was meant to be about critiquing his ability, it was about congratulating him on an acheivement. So, congratulations Jeff. I for one hope you're here celebrating 300, 400 and more games for us in the coming years.

51 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Based on what, exactly? A couple of assists for Ireland? "Untouchable". What does that even mean?

I've been impressed at times with his footwork, increasingly so this season, but he lacks aggression (50-50, Jeff? Jeff? Oh, he's wondered off) and he severely lacks end product. I don't think he's played a through-ball in his life.

And does anyone know what his position is? He doesn't make a tackles so he can't be box to box, but he has zero vision so can he really be an attacking mid? He needs to score more goals or at least get into the box consistently for an easy layoff because he has zero creativity.

that's you off his christmas card list, I am not a great believer in slating players that don my club crest :angry:

All that money so many of you spend watching football live or on the box and not having a clue as to what it is you are actually seeing.... Ball watchers. Bah. 

Try for once just looking at a player when he doesn't have the ball... See what he creates around himself by movement and use of space. Then you might have a clue as to why Jeff has already amassed 200 league games at such a young age. 

His position true to best of ability is as permanent receiver and he rolls the play on by either taking the ball into a dangerous area or by being available to the time old pass and move. He can dribble in dangerous areas too... 

Im not saying he is going to be a world beater but some of the negative comments on this thread are lacking basic football knowledge... 

Next time you are at a game take a look around you. See most of the eyes glued to the ball!!! 

Archived