BBC

halifaxram

Is it me, or would there have been an awful lot more agitation in the commentary box, and studio, if Man Utd had been 3-1 down to two offside goals? Having said that, we were second best, with little or no spark for most of the match.

I do miss that period not so long ago, when the team were committed, playing for the shirt, and had good connection with us fans.

Oh well, I suppose I should know how it works after watching Derby for nearly 50 years.

COYR.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, halifaxram said:

Is it me, or would there have been an awful lot more agitation in the commentary box, and studio, if Man Utd had been 3-1 down to two offside goals? Having said that, we were second best, with little or no spark for most of the match.

I do miss that period not so long ago, when the team were committed, playing for the shirt, and had good connection with us fans.

Oh well, I suppose I should know how it works after watching Derby for nearly 50 years.

COYR.

What do you expect from 2 ex Leicester players in the presenting team

You didn't honestly think they chose this game for live coverage because Derby were playing, did you?

While the BBC isn't a Manchester United programme, they were only ever going to discuss them in great detail.

It made me laugh when they were discussing Derby's promotion hopes for all of 30 seconds, Schmeichel was going to make a good point about needing to mix it up a little more, then Shearer cut him off to talk about Van Gaal and how Arsenal won back-to-back league trophies which gave them a big lift.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

You didn't honestly think they chose this game for live coverage because Derby were playing, did you?

While the BBC isn't a Manchester United programme, they were only ever going to discuss them in great detail.

It made me laugh when they were discussing Derby's promotion hopes for all of 30 seconds, Schmeichel was going to make a good point about needed to mix it up a little more, then Shearer cut him off to tak about Van Gaal and how Arsenal won back-to-back league trophies which gave them a big lift.

Yeah, you are right of course. Just feeling a bit dispirited at the moment and needed something to moan about. I don't like pointing fingers at the team/manager really, but the collective effort at the moment does seem dissappointing.

4 minutes ago, halifaxram said:

Yeah, you are right of course. Just feeling a bit dispirited at the moment and needed something to moan about. I don't like pointing fingers at the team/manager really, but the collective effort at the moment does seem dissappointing.

I really don't think it's a case of lacking effort. The players look lost as to what's expected of them and they show it in different ways. With Martin & Ince it's arms in the air or shrugging of the shoulders whilst Johnson and one or two others just totally lose their position on the field.

Until the pattern of play starts to suit the players we have then I fear we'll continue to struggle. Johnson is playing much too close to George compared to earlier in the season, meaning it minimises the outball options. If Martin continues to be selected (and given the inference that Bent and Weimann seemingly don't figure in Clements' plans we don't have too many alternatives), it's vital we pick runners such as Hendrick and Bryson to support him. Not sure what to make of Blackman - there looks a decent player there but in a front 2 and most definitely not out on the wing.

I'm despondent, deflated and despairing that we may not be able to put things right - God I hope I'm wrong!

45 minutes ago, halifaxram said:

COYR.

I really enjoyed seeing George Thorne scoring a cracking goal and then celebrating by smashing the Derby badge on his chest. 

See profile photo.

33 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thought whoever directed coverage of the actual game was terrible...

Game of football? Thought it was a programme about Utd's bench, players and fans with the odd clip of football here and there.

Just now, sage said:

Savage was spot on about people being picked based on their transfer fee.

which is totally wrong , they should be picked on merit not on how much we paid for them

a little bit of pride swallowing is required to get our season back on track 

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It made me laugh when they were discussing Derby's promotion hopes for all of 30 seconds, Schmeichel was going to make a good point about needing to mix it up a little more, then Shearer cut him off to talk about Van Gaal and how Arsenal won back-to-back league trophies which gave them a big lift.

Exactly. Schmeichel was making the point, and what he was saying, is one of the main causes of the current problems! I though for a second, that shearer was going to agree with him. Turned out he had interrupted to talk about something different!?! I have no idea why our management cannot see the problem. 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I find that the easiest way to avoid watching the crap that the so called pundits spout and the poxey camera work is to go to the game. I didn't hear a word that Savage, Shearer or Lineker said :p 

Works for me too.

Well worth £35 to spend an evening not in the company of those muppets.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

I find that the easiest way to avoid watching the crap that the so called pundits spout and the poxey camera work is to go to the game. I didn't hear a word that Savage, Shearer or Lineker said :p 

This. I couldn't understand where people were getting some of their extreme views from after the game last night as I was there and had quite different thoughts.  I have now watched the match on BBC and realised they were just quoting the opinions of Danny Murphy and the pundits. 

Man Utd were better than us, we tried very hard but couldn't match them ( or even get close to them at times). 

The one thing that I did agree with that I heard on TV was that we need more belief in ourselves. They were talking about the players but I think that it also applies to the fans. 

I believed about 15 minutes either side of half time - it felt great and I need to try harder! :)

Archived