Is automatic promotion beyond us?

toddy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 games to play, 57 points on offer.

We're 6 points behind 2nd place.

Are the autos beyond us? No.

It doesn't matter how many points per games we've picked up in previous games or how Hull and Boro are playing because that can change suddenly with a few injuries, some people have such short memories, last season what did losing key players do to us? 

What matters now is the points we pick up in our remaining games which we have more than enough and every chance of not just going up automatically but winning the league.

I just don't see how anyone can write us off in January, it's ridiculous. 

I firmly believe that if you asked the teams who they would fear most as main promotion rivals a lot would call out Derby - we have the strongest squad in the league and I still think we will go up automatically. Said it somewhere else but we do need to start playing with a lot more arrogance.

11 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I firmly believe that if you asked the teams who they would fear most as main promotion rivals a lot would call out Derby - we have the strongest squad in the league and I still think we will go up automatically. Said it somewhere else but we do need to start playing with a lot more arrogance.

I think you're mixing the words strongest and largest up. I also think that having a strong squad is an irreverence if you don't know which are you best XI and best formation. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Fixtures? What have they got to do with it? Hull are 'nailed on' with such a big gap and so few games left.

Haven't you read the rest of the thread?

No I haven't .

We have a very good chance of Automatic promotion in fact all this bunching together at the top plays into the Rams hands .

Depends. If we go back to basics, use Blackman only as a part-player, play 4-3-3 with Martin through the middle and push up a little more, I can see us winning more games than not.

However, the last few weeks will take a lot to recover from. If we persist with a formation designed to suit Blackman we'll probably struggle to make the top six.

We've all had mini-runs of poor form. Bouncing back from that is key. But for some reason, it always feels that when Derby are on a poor run of form, it's always extended much longer than the rest.

Archived