Property overseas

TheHomunculusLives

I'm looking into buying a small place overseas, principally as a holiday home although may look at renting out longer term.

I just wondered if anyone has done something similar, where they went for and how straightforward it was?

At the moment my two favoured areas are Corfu and Languedoc-Rousillon in the south of France.

Cheers

The Homunculus

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a place in Malta, lovely island and same law governing home ownership downside is you need a few quid to live a decent life, not forgetting most of them are millionaires but claim poverty so they get a huge hand out from the eu, my friends live in the south of France and they say it is very expensive to get by, Cyprus is a nice place to buy currently, I keep getting offers via LinkedIn and you can get some decent bang for your buck.

14 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I have a place in Malta, lovely island and same law governing home ownership downside is you need a few quid to live a decent life, not forgetting most of them are millionaires but claim poverty so they get a huge hand out from the eu, my friends live in the south of France and they say it is very expensive to get by, Cyprus is a nice place to buy currently, I keep getting offers via LinkedIn and you can get some decent bang for your buck.

Is Cyprus cheap because of it's proximity to Syria (100 miles off the coast?)

On 23/01/2016 at 18:27, Mostyn6 said:

my cousin has literally just told me she shelled out £6k on a mobile home in the Almeria area of Spain, and another few hundred on a pool

Ask her how much she is paying maintainance on her mobile home,going rate is 5/600 euros a month if you are using it or not,dont appeal to renters either,cold in winter,hot in summer,dont go down that route would be my advice !

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Is Cyprus cheap because of it's proximity to Syria (100 miles off the coast?)

My mates got a villa over there ,he went for week over Christmas / New Year if ISIS want it they had better  be good he says he has never seen so many British  troops there .I know the RAF are there but the troop numbers now are quite significant .

Archived