Confidence

Spooney1963

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Footballers are a privileged set of people .Must of us would like to be paid fabulous wages playing a sport we love .They have a very good life compared with everyday folk who have to endure long hours, lower salaries and the rest that life throws at them .

I appreciate that life also throws curved balls at everyone and they are not immune from that .But to say someone in that position suffers from lack of confidence just doesn't wash with me .Bunch of nancy boys if true. 

It's not about whether it's right or wrong that they're fragile, it's what we can do about it. We're cutting off our nose to spite our face. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I am really jealous of those fans who have so much faith in this team that they genuinely believe that we will regroup and start on a run that takes us to promotion. I wish I could. There's something intrinsically wrong with the team - individual and team performance, tactics, selection, morale etc. I went back to the Fatherland to watch us play Fulham and though we won and got three points which is what counts, we were poor and didn't look a promotion chasing team. And it's just continued.

I note that the number of posters who immediately slag off any poster who questions our performance has decreased significantly. A sense of realism has perhaps sunk in. It will be an interesting next few games. I hope things will improve, but...........

Don't bother letting them get to you mate. A lot of them are delusional and have got their heads buried in the sand if they can't see the problems.

Well i'm pleased to say I got my money's worth and stuck it out to the end. I think I should get a medal or some kind of recognition for staying the full 94 minutes at a game where we lost 0 - 3. In the last minute of time added on I did concede we might not pull it back at such a late stage of the game. But on the bright side I still got home at the same time. The same **** was on TV and life is still going on.

Confidence starts form the back and with the goalkeeper. Stats prove it; Carson - games played 17 - clean sheets 9 - goals conceded 10. In short we concede less than a goal a game. Grant - games played 10 - clean sheets 4 - goals conceded 11, in short we concede over a goal a game. Add to that in those 10 games Grant has been at fault for 2 goals (1st goal v Leeds, 2nd goal v Birmingham) as well as one of the goals at Portsmouth in the league cup. This must and does unsettle those in front of him, it is time to move Grant out of the match day squad and bring in either Roos or Mitchell but more importantly if fit Carson plays. So why was he left on the bench yesterday? PC needs to find his bed 11 and okay it every week barring suspension, injuries or loss of form.

18 minutes ago, eddie said:

Spoken like an early leaver. Why do people like you even bother going?

Oh dear. Why do people like you never leave your keyboard.

Unlike some of you, we live other lives outside of football and forums. Derby is a part of me but obviously not as much as they are for you. You deserve a medal for dedicating your whole (very sad) life around it.

If anybody needs to find you, they always know where to look.

Have you got anything else on today or is it the same old same old. Go on see if you can make a pun out of it, go on I bet you can. Tell us what you drink Eddie because I'm not sure everybody knows, go on tell us the next bed and breakfast your staying in at your next away day. True supporter you are Eddie and I take my hat off to you.

Yes last 2 games have been poor, but the season is over 46 games, at the moment we are the 3 rd best team in the division, will we get better yes, do I believe we will still go up yes, do I boo at games no, will I be backing the lads all season yes, does this make me a better fan than others, no. I like to be positive it's the way I am, I love my football, and come the next game I will believe we will win, so come on rams fans,we all have one goal promotion, so let's stop fighting amongest our selves, and back the team to promotion, when it gets tough that's when the club needs us, we have a good squad, and I believe, we will come good, all teams have a blip in form, this is the championship after all.

49 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If people are leaving early for a genuine reason then fair play, but 'We're losing, I've got a long drive and I want to beat the traffic' doesn't cut it for me. ***** fans. Losing is a part of football. I honestly don't even know why some people show up.

It's not about losing its about not competing. We expect our team to compete. We accept we will lose and draw games but we do not accept performances like yesterday. There is nothing wrong with showing our utter dismay with that shower of shiiite by leaving when the third went in. It's the only way they'll take notice when they look around to see a half empty ground...well those who are brave enough to look at the fans.

I've never left a game early in any sport but that's just me. People who get upset at others leaving early (except where they block your view or interrupt you by getting you to stand so they can get through) are the same people who give a rats ass what car the neighbours drive or if they have a private plate on their car .  Who gives a f*** what other people want to do?

34 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Well i'm pleased to say I got my money's worth and stuck it out to the end. I think I should get a medal or some kind of recognition for staying the full 94 minutes at a game where we lost 0 - 3. In the last minute of time added on I did concede we might not pull it back at such a late stage of the game. But on the bright side I still got home at the same time. The same **** was on TV and life is still going on.

And you were all over the place on the M1 south bound! 

5 minutes ago, Supermac said:

I did not, have not and will not; 1) leave early or 2) boo my team. No matter how much they deserve to be jeered it will not and has never made people play better. IMO 

I don't think the booing is to make people play better. There are two main ways of showing your feelings during a match and they are booing and slow handclapping. Never booed or slow handclapped but I have no problem with others doing it. They pay good money and if the team are clueless, it's up to the fans to show what they think. 

Ive also never left early but again people are different and people leave early for a variety of reasons. Live and let live

There's a saying that he who pays the piper calls the tune , if it's right or wrong Mel applied a bit of it on Tuesday night and fans by booing at the players . I personally would not do anything other than support my team but that's not to say the players don't need to be told their responsibilities.

Archived